1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

A lot of people look at me funny when I tell them that I have a compact 92. Apparently they are not easy to find.

Am I nuts?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

they aren't that hard to find.
    Its the same design as the Beretta Centurion. its a 92 series with a shorter barrel.
    Taurus just calls it the 92C. If you say a compact 92 people start thinking a keltec sized 9mm that looks like a Beretta 92. That may be why they give you the old stink eye when you say that.
  3. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

I don't get the stink eye. More like, "you have one of those? they were only made for a few years" or "Didn't know there was such a thing."

I've seen one for sale used and it was the same price it was when it was new... I figured it must be difficult to find one.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I should preface buy saying, Yes Taurus did not make that particular model for long. Its now called the 917. They were not a popular model b/c the shorter barrel didn't make up for much weight that they were trying to save. They are nice shooters as long as you got a good one w/o the linear stringing problem that some of them had.
    The price is about right. Even new the 92c was the same price as a standard 92. The money came in with the special editions and stainless versions.
    For some reason 90% and up rated 92's whether used are not are about the same price. I bought mine used and it was only about 20 bucks cheaper than the new one. On the other hand the Centurion is cheaper than the standard Beretta 92 by about 100 bucks sometimes.
    Personally I think the compact versions are kinda nice.