The Firearms Forum banner

pulled off a S&W big bore hat trick today, 44, 460 & 500

966 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JLA 
#1 ·
Went down to pick up a 5 inch barrel 1957 4 screw Pre 29 44 mag that I bought At a pawn shop, but had to wait for the 10 day review period for law enforcement to end before i could pick it up. While there, I found these two X-frames that needed a home too. They were out of the same guys collection and like new. I shot the 460 and 500 this evening and they are pretty awesome. I had some old fire extinguishers to put some holes in.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
no kidding. I will be saving brass and getting dies for these. just sighting in and finding out what ammo it likes costs a small fortune. averaging about $2 a pop. but once I get it dialed in I shouldn't need much to go deer hunting with. heck my 12 and 20 gauge hornady sst's are almost $4 a pop.

#4 ·
CorBon is running around $65 for a box of 12 in either 460 & 500. Those hand cannons are alot of fun though; Enjoy! For some serious hunting ammo, try Buffalo Bore; they have some great loads.

#5 ·
I like the hell outta that XVR. And those Xs make that N look teeny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.