The Firearms Forum banner

pulled projectiles

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Killshot1 
#1 ·
Hey guys and girls, I have yet another question for y'all. What is the opinion of pulled projectiles. I found a site that is offering cheap prices for bulk pulled projectiles and I just wanted to know if it would be worth getting or even looking into. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: woolleyworm
#6 ·
#9 ·
Great. Thanks, guys. I will defer to your expertise and, when I can afford to make some bullet purchases, those are what I shall go with. I appreciate your input greatly, as always. Thank you for all the help you have given me in my endeavor into the wonderful, and highly addictive, world of reloading.

#10 ·
Thanks for the URL. A new bookmark and source for materials!

#11 ·
Glad to provide it, BAH. Anywhere we can save a few bucks means we can reload that much more, right? Not that we can save money, but that we can buy that much more.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: woolleyworm
#12 ·
I use a hammer huller. Put a soft cushion in the bottom to protect the point and learned to get them out easily. Still won't re-use most of them! Even bullet's at whatever cup and core bullet's go for now, are just to inexpensive to mess with. Of course if I was to shoot some sort of premium bullet my though just might change but I don't shoot anything but cast or cu and core. Then again I didn't see what those pulled bullet's were going for. Might be worth it to melt them down for cast bullet's and save the copper jacket's for scrap metal.

#13 ·
I picked up some cheap 150 grain .308 bullets just for plinking. Got them from 2 different suppliers. One had pull marks the other didn't. The ones with marks don't group nearly as well, but when I'm using them I'm practicing my breathing, trigger pull, focus, and making sure I'm not expecting the recoil.

#16 ·
When I started reloading for my Garand I bought a bunch of 147 gr. FMJ pulls (M2 I believe?). The were good for getting used to reloading for my Garand, but soon I couldn't tell if my gun was inaccurate or my reloads were off. I switched to 150 commercial bullets and groups with them were 1/2 the size of the "pulls group"...

#18 ·
Nutti' really wrong with the .30 cal. pulls, they are just mass produced, military spec. (large tolerance) bullets. I don't know how many manufacturers were included in the 500 I bought, but there was some slight visual differences too. One improvement, although slight, was I weighed and sorted by weight a bunch and the groups improved, IIRC, there was a 4 grain variation in the hundred or so I weighed. Most all miked out at .308"-.3085"...

#19 ·
I prefer to buy pulled bullets when in stock (usually much cheaper). I've blown through probably 5k pulled plated 115gr 9mm projectiles without problem. Sometimes they will be slightly deformed due to factory crimp, but its negligible. I have yet to reload 223, however I picked up some pulled 55gr surplus and they look almost brand new. I'll be loading my first batch soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.