Punches 6 year old boy for no reason

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jun 8, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. --A 20-year-old Jacksonville man is accused of punching a 6-year-old boy in front of a crowded ticket counter at Jacksonville International Airport.

Police said Michael Mellen punched the boy Saturday, but nobody knows exactly why.

According to investigators, the boy was with his family in front of the United Airlines ticket counter when Mellen walked up to the family and struck the boy in the forehead with a closed fist.

"He just walked along, and out the blue hit the kid straight in the head," said Wayne Clark, director of aviation security at JIA. "No apparent reason why he would do this."

Clark said Mellen hit the boy so hard that the boy fell to the ground and his head bounced on the surface.

"The kid fell rather violently on the floor," Clark said.

Ellen Lehnert was traveling that day and witnessed the punch.

"We were real baffled about why," Lehnert, who's from Illinois, said in a phone interview. "I felt really, really bad for the child. The mother had told me that the child didn't know where he was after that, so my guess is the kid hit the child hard enough he might have given him a concussion or something."

The identity of the family is being withheld by police. Clark believes the boy was treated and released from the hospital and has returned home.

Records show Mellen has been accused of doing this sort of thing before. In March, he was arrested and charged with child abuse after he was accused of striking another child who was riding a bicycle in front of his house in Arlington.

Mellen is now charged with aggravated child abuse, resisting arrest and simple assault on a security officer.

His brother was here at the time. He wasn't involved in the punch, but police said he did try to run from officers. Because of that he's also charged with resisting officers, police said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tlfllAb3Cc&feature=player_embedded
  2. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Sounds like a learning disabled low IQ individual. Probably needs some mental evaluation. Somebody should have punched him in the forehead.

It could be he needs a ticket for his free hots and a cot. It seems some people like the accomodations at the county. We end up paying the bill for it.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The aritcle keeps talking about the boy traveling with his family, but no mention of the dad. If it had been my son, he would not have been the only one going to the hospital. I wonder what race the the 6 year old boy was. Since it's not mentioned I have to think that he might have been white?
  4. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's my question!

When the MSM leaves off details such as this, it usually turns out to be a "black-on-white" hate crime. (But, we all know black people can't be racist; or commit hate crimes.) :rolleyes:

I bet if the dad had defended his kid & killed this POS, we would have another "Zimmerman/Martin" fiasco down in Fla.

-
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I have read an article and it seems the boy is white.

The attacker is AFRICAN, BLACK
  6. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

I'm with Carver. That jack @$$ would be on a gurney.
  7. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

8. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I live in Arlington. Don't know of him. The kid needed one of my dogs with him. Airports are always crowded, and Jax International is no exception. Got to wonder why nobody came to the kids side.
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They should post the home address of people such as this. I am sure lots of folks would like to discuss this with him in person.