Purchased a Browning Buckmaster today. 5.5 inch Pro Target Bull. Your input sought.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Remington597, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I have an Old Ruger MKII duplicate in my collection, so I used it as trade equity, plus some cash for a new Browning Buckmaster 5.5 inch Pro Target bull, (flutted barrel). I also own a Ruger KP4c, KP512, and P4B, as well as a Walther P22, Smith & Wesson A22, and also a Beretta Neos U22. I have heard tremendous things about the Browning and decided to try it out. The Gunsmith, who is also a dear personal friend said that he can't keep them in stock. He says that between the Ruger MKII and 22/45 target variants, the Walther P22 and the Browning are about tied as far as moving them out the door. So , I said why not? , you have all the other target pistols, so why not add this one to your collection, I figured since a had a duplicate old spare MKII Ruger use that as trade equity and add $140, and you've got a new Browning to add to your collection. I love the ergonomics of the grips and the sighting. Now I need ammo recommendations. The gunsmith said to use Winchester Super X and any CCI subgroups of .22LR. Your thoughts about the gun and the ammo.
    Here it is fresh out of the box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  2. Bullseye

Bullseye New Member

Sounds like a nice addition to the collection! Let us know how it shoots.
  3. Remington597

Yes, I will shoot it this weekend. Hopefully Hurricane Ivan will spare us.

Brian
  4. lead

lead Active Member

I've had two Buckmarks and liked them better than Rugers. Mine would shoot anything well, but seemed to like Remingtons best, even the dollar a box stuff. I'd love to get one of the Buckmark carbine rifles, but you can buy two pistols for the price of one rifle. Enjoy it.
  5. Remington597

Thanks for the input on the ammo!
  6. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

A couple of guys I competed against in this year's Bullseye matches used Buckmarks....including the guy that won. I've seen several of these pistols at our range, and most shooters have very good luck with them, but I do know of two shooters that didn't like their's, mainly becasue of mis-fires, jamming, and the difficulty in take down & reassembly for cleaning.

The guy that won the bullseye matches shot most of them with Remington bulk, and CCI Blaser bulk ammo.
  7. Remington597

Tony:
    Thanks for the feedback, I used Winchester Super X today and I will also try your advice. I agree with you that cleaning is demanding. , Especially the spring.