Purchased a Taurus model 94 revolver. Excellent little revolver.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Remington597, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Gotta love the 9 capacity .22LR plinking revolvers. Only $275 NIB.
    I love the compact size and ergonomic grip. Any suggestions or comments from those who own one. The one I purchased is the one below with the 2 inch. barrel.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Can’t comment on it, never had one.
    But I would like to know how accurate it is.
  3. Remington597

I am looking forward to testing it out myself.
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I've always thought that a 22 would best be fired from a Ruger or buckmark autos.
    But you never know....a revolver might be a fun 22 plinker ? You'll have to let us know.

Now if that were a 38special....it would really excite me. My very first handgun was a Charter Arms snubbie just like that in 38spcl.
    I loved it. A very nice defensive "leave me alone" type of concealable weapon...... I used to live in a bad part of Omaha to say the least....

mike
    gn
  5. Remington597

I am getting it for plinking and as a light backup. Its good for practicing with revolvers. Its one of those guns where I can start at the range with it first and then slowly progress to a Rossi .357mag. Its one of those transitional guns. Practice on it first and then move up to a .357 and higher.
    Seems to work really well.
  6. Remington597

Same theory applies with semiautos. I start with my .22LR plinker, move on to .32, .380, 9mm , and then 45acp.
    I like to transition in caliber order. It seems to increase accuracy.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well I'll say one thing.....22's sure are affordable plinkers...thats for sure !!!!

mike
    gn
  8. punchie

punchie Member

Wanna bet? My Pardini has a very specialized diet of Eley Gold Match!!
  9. Remington597

punchie:
    Glocknut was obviously refering to .22LR plinkers being affordable on the WHOLE. , and obviously refering to factory bulk ammo.
    My Walther P22 receives CCI pistol match ammo and my Beretta Neos receives Winchester Super X, both are obviously less expensive than any other ammo I shoot, The CCI .17HMR goes into my Savage .17HMR is getting more expensive, so I use that less as a plinker now, but it all boils down to preference. On the whole, .22LR ammo is obviously less expensive than any other ammo I know, its the most widely produced ammo in the world., other than bb and pellet ,etc.
  10. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I've owned a couple of blued M94s in the past with the wooden grips and 4" barrels. I currently own another in stainless steel with rubber grips and a 5" tube. I've never had any issues with any of the ones I have owned and do own. The one I currently have sees semi-regular use with Federal 550 bulk pack ammo primarily. I feed my Ruger 22/45 the same fodder.
  11. pdbsa

pdbsa New Member

Taurus Guns are Crap in general, they are all worth about 50 bucks. What ever you paid you paid to much, Their 22lr are good for about 4000 to 5000 rounds that sucks, their autos if they work shoot like crap, the only two things that taurus makes that worth anything is their snub nose 38's but the rossi is just as good if not better and a heck of alot cheaper, next i hear that their single action stuff is ok but i also heard that you are just better off paying alittle more and just get the ruger. I say this having owned, shot and been friends with people who have HAD taurus guns.