1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Pushing fate?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Guest, May 9, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The wife and kids are out tonight, and I have the house to myself. Got a load of Enfield web slings being cleaned in the washing machine, got a bucket full of old bayonets soaking in degreaser in the kitchen sink, just finished degreasing an old military stock in the bathtub, and I have a bunch of leather slings that I just finished cleaning with saddle soap and are drying on the kitchen table.

Poor dog is looking at me like I done pissed on the carpet. Why do I have the funny feeling I will be sleeping in the garage tonight?
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep!...

Same as me most of the time Bob...if ya don't get er all cleaned up in time...Your in a real "Heap-a-Sheet"...:p
  3. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Ya mean you didn't use her dish washer this time Bob? cluck,cluck, chicken.:D :D :D
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually, I was cleaning my tennis shoes in the dishwasher ~~~
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

....and then there was the time I cleaned a motorcycle engine in the bathtub........:p
  6. cruiser348

cruiser348 New Member

All that and you'd still get to sleep under a roof in the garage? All I did was clean a transmission fluid pan from the car in the bathtub and I got to sleep under the stars in the bed of the truck. And darn if she didn't hide the air mattress that night too.
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Rebuit a 383 on the living room floor (second story) in the late 70's. All was well until I picked up a bucket and added 3 qts of oil and one quart of STP and picked up that first piston, grinning mind you.
  8. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!
    I made the mistake of cleaning all my gun rags in the sink the other day - hey, I don't complain when her undies are in my sink, or on the shower curtain rod... Between her and our daughter, I got alot of fenomes to deal with, so they are just gonna have to put up with a little testosterone every now & then.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

You guys need somebody like my mom. All she asks is that I clean up after I work on a rifle. Whether it is soaking a stock in the bathtub or boiling parts on the stove (by the way she got me a very nice stainless steel pot for boiling stuff).

With a mom like that around I can't go wrong.

As for you Bob - dang I hope you got everything cleaned up before the wife came home.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

There used to be a great wrinkle-finish paint (before EPA) you put on two coats and bake until slightly crispy, it chemically wrinkled and was as hard as a rock. So how do you answer: what is that smell coming from the oven? (It was the fiddle case cover from my '36 Knucklehead)
  11. shooter22

shooter22 Guest

we picked up about 200lbs of Pecans on year and they were a bit muddy. Dad washed them in the washing machine and got by with it till he tried to air dry them by tumbling them in the dryer. I thought it was bad when the "s hits the fan", but you should have seen it when mom hit it! :eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2003