Q. on latest L.A. KA gun regulations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by offeror, Nov 15, 2004.

1. offeror

offeror New Member

What's the latest on L.A. gun laws? I've looked at the NRA site info and it seems current to 2000. Are they loosening, tightening, any recent changes? Any state gov. site with latest updates?
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Check packing.org for most UTD material.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

They just outlawed 50 BMG didn't they?
    I think it is getting worse.
  4. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I would treat any visit to Kalifornia as a visit to a foreign country, in the end, I have no reason to go there.
    I would also agree that Schwartzenegger is a sell out traitor., but then again if you were married to a Kennedy, you would probably be also, by virtue of osmosis. :mad: :D :D
  5. offeror

offeror New Member

I'm debating the merits of going there to find work. I studied at USC Cinema and spent 20 years working in the studios (without getting rich, sad to say). All my instincts pertain to writing, editing, photography, music, and other artistic pursuits. I have been back here in Indiana for 13 years now, found good work as a tech writer, an ad copywriter, and a proposal writer -- and have been laid off every time. Having blown out my pipes, I think I might prefer to grow old there, and fight the draconian, unconstitutional gun restrictions of course. At least I'd have the old actors' home if I don't make my fortune in another 10-15 years...

Anyway, thanks. I looked at packing.org and followed some links which filled in most of the blanks. There is a hint that getting a CCW might be getting SLIGHTLY easier in LA, but not much. And of course I'd have to sell a passel of guns before I left for the west coast... My OA-98, SWD Mac-11, Norinco AKS Type 56 with the beautiful buttery-soft trigger, would not survive (unless I locked them up here and left them in my brother's care or something).

Right now I'm just checking out my options and trying to decide if I have enough of a network to maybe find a first job. Too bad I don't know anybody at Petersen Publishing... ;) I'm windy enough...
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  6. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

CA here... Still no Assault weapons allowed. No mags over 10 rounds on pistols. ( can't even have a removable mag on most rifles, few exceptions) L.A. has no carry permits to civilians, just about 7 retired high ranking cops. No silencers..... felony charge there. Forget about having a loaded weapon in the car..... felony. We cant even buy recievers!!!!!! you know those flat stamped recievers you can buy, fold, and fill with all the parts? Cant have those either. NO NIGHT VISION!!!!! No infra red. Both felonies!! I am not allowed to buy a Walther P22!!!!!!!! Threaded barrel...... FELONY!!!!!
    Now we all know once you have felony charge, no more guns for you ever again.
    Ya cali's gun laws suck..... but I can still water ski and snow ski WITHIN 1 HOUR!!!
    I could go on for hours, any specific questions.... just ask

--Beagle
  7. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I would stay out of Kalifornia at all costs. There are also alot of mental degenerates there, especially in San Fransisco and LA.