Quad rail for ar15

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Gibill, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Gibill

Gibill New Member

I bought a NcSTAR AR-15 quad rail hand guard at a show on Saturday. Upon installation I found that it is longer that the stock hand guard......has anybody made this alteration on your ar? What needs to be modified or replaced in order to utilize this quad rail so I can add some components to my ar?
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Please don't take this as me being a smartass...

You get what you pay for.

NCStar is junk, made for airsoft and has no business on a real AR. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Those theives selling NCStar at gun shows shouldn't even be allowed in since it's all chinese made garbage and a waste of money.

If you want to buy at a low price then I'll suggest the UTG Pro line of railed handguards. The Pro line is American made and I haven't read of very many complaints from those that own them.

You might be able to grind, file and fit the NCStar to your AR.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

+1 for UTG, I've got 3 of their quad rails for AK and one AR, very good bang for your buck. Good quality and fit.

Shop around for rails, they are getting cheaper and more choices.
  4. XP100

XP100 Member

I have a NcStar quad rail on one of my AR carbines , It fit perfectly. as did the covers from another manufacturer.
  5. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Good, now help the OP with his not fitting.
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Early on, I learnt my lesson with NcStar with two choices of thier optics....one of which was taken back and I did get my money back.
    ANYTHING bearing the name NcStar in my opinion, is junk.
    Weather thumbing through a magizine or looking at a GS, NcStar is a pass with me. I dont mean to come accross as being "one-sided", but just giveing you my opinion.
  7. Gibill

Gibill New Member

Researched and found out my dilemma. I bought it at a show in phila. I was not aware that there was a different quad rail for a carbine, mid barrel and long barrel. Now, looking at model number it is MAR4L. The L standing for long....Little did I know they have a MAR4S (short) which is what I need for my smith & Wesson m&p sport. Their box just said ar15 quad rail. Now I need to find somebody who can use the long one.......it really doesn't look like a bad piece. Machine work pretty nice.
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good to hear you found what the problem was.
    I'm lucky here as I have a local gun shop that takes alot in on trade.
    And they have a good selction of "parts" and accessories.

Another reason I was giveing NcStar such a hard time in my post, I went to get some rings to mount a scope and at the time, NcStar is all they had for what I needed to do with. The screws on the rings were torx and on the second screw while tightening them up, stipped right out, as did the thrird one. (kinda ruint me on the brand)