1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Qualified Arisaka gunsmiths in Florida...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by marine6082, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jondar

jondar New Member

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your Type 38 never had a mum originally on it. While the only Arisakas I own are Type 99's, I see 38's at gun shows and read the descriptions of them on gun auctions. I have never seen one without the mum or remains of one. Is it possible that whomever sporterized the rifle polished off the mum so neatly that it appears to never have been on it? A poster some time back said that his sporterized Arisaka (can't remember 38 or 99) not only did not have a mum but no markings on the rear left of the receiver as to arsenal or any of the other markings.
  2. 56/50

56/50 New Member

My 38 sporter is the one with no noticable Chris. and could have been polished off, but I've been a machinist for over 40 yrs and it's the best polishing job I've ever seen!! But it is possible!! It does have Kokura markings on the left side of the receiver and the proper script on top bellow where the Chris. should be, plus the barrel has had no sights on it!! Joe
  3. jondar

jondar New Member

I worked at a job in a midwestern city where down the street from where I worked there was a gun store, mostly used guns, and militaria. I knew the man who owned it very well and he called me one day and said come down soon as you can. He showed me an Arisaka sporter, beautiful curly maple stock with monte carlo cheek piece, IIRC the barrel was stamped .257 Roberts. Had Weaver mounts but no scope. He asked only $150 but I was strapped and couldn't buy it. Looking back now, I wish I had.

What is the barrel length on yours? I think the barrel on the one I missed was 20 inches. One beauty!
  4. 56/50

56/50 New Member

Mine is 20 7/8 Inches!! Joe
  5. lanceb152

lanceb152 New Member

try coate of arms n.ft.myers good luck