The Firearms Forum banner

Question about carrying

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CCHolderinMaine 
#1 ·
I have just recently moved to NH, i just switched my Mass license over to NH, but the car i have has Mass plates, since you dont need a license in NH to own a gun, would i get in any trouble, since the car i drive is registered in Mass ( not registered under my name)

Thank you!

#2 ·
This is not legal advice, if you are looking for that, look into a professional or take the time to look at applicable laws.

That said, since you are in New Hampshire, you are bound by New Hampshire laws. Massachusetts laws don't matter. That's about all I know about the laws, but that is fact. Even when you have a concealed carry permit and travel to a state that recognizes your license, you are bound to the laws of the state you are in and acknowledge that through implied consent when you carry in their state. You are also considered a resident now, since you have a license in the state. The car you drive has no bearing on anything, unless they are just trying to give an out of stater a ticket.

I know that doesnt help you much, but it's the best I have and likely the best you will get. If there is somebody that lives there, they might be able to give you more information, but will likely require some more info on your part as well.

#3 ·
Cannot speak directly to the gun ownership issue, but am familiar with the DMV rules. If that car is registered to you, you'd better register that car in NH before too awfully long. They are going to have a problem with you transferring your license, but keeping the car registered out of state.

I am not a lawyer BTW, so this is just informed personal opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.