Question about Iver Johnson revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by roweenie, Apr 24, 2009.

1. roweenie

roweenie New Member

Hello all,

I'm new to your forum, and I have learned a lot already - - -

I recently put a deposit down on an Iver Johnson .32 S&W short break-top revolver (the amendment procedure to add a handgun to your permit can take up to 4 weeks here in NY). The serial number is B20297. My question is - what is the date of manufacture? If it is a black-powder model, can I obtain rounds for it, or is it not worth the trouble? The mechanism is surprisingly crisp for a gun of this age.

Here in the People's Republic of New York, they list all handguns you own on your permit, so I would prefer not to own a non-functioning pistol at this time.

Thanks one and all - -
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

see the answer posted to your other post.
    bill