Question about Marlin 336 R.C.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by klfreedman, Mar 4, 2012.

1. klfreedman

klfreedman New Member

My dad gave me his old Marlin 336 RC sometime ago. It has dice embedded in the butt of the gun. Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone know if this particular gun takes multiple rounds? Thank you.

Karren
  2. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Karen
    I think you have posted in the wrong area of the forum. I don't have the power to move it but I think it needs to be in the tech forum.

As far as the Marlin RC, pictures would be really nice to look at. I have owned a few Model 336 and might could help if I could see it, but the RC has blocked my memory. I don't remember the RC, sorry. The 336's I had were
    .30.30 caliber and would hold 6 in the mag and one in the chamber, if memory serves me correctly, and sometimes it don't. So we need some other answers from the wiser guys.

BTW Welcome to the forum.
  3. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

The Marlin 336 RC is the same as the, 336 lever action. I had one, which was mfg. in 1949. The, RC, stands for, Regular Carbine.
  4. Willy McCoy

Willy McCoy New Member

Yep, RC = Regular Carbine. Marlin hasn't used that designation in years so it must be an older gun. 1948 to sometime in the 60s.

Are you referring to the round white plastic bit with the black dot in the center on the bottom edge of the butt stock? If so, that a Marlin trademark called the "Bullseye" which has been used on walnut stocks since the 1920s.