Question about Orgies firing pin

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by MarkRSims, Oct 16, 2010.

1. MarkRSims

MarkRSims New Member

I bought an Ortgies .32 at a gun show a while back, and it's a nice little gun, but the seller neglected to tell me the firing pin was snapped off. Anyway, he's long gone now, and I've bought another firing pin from Numrich.

After much fitting, I've got the thing working, but I have yet to chamber a round.

The question: How long should the firing pin / tube be? The pin looks pretty long, it sticks through the hole pretty far. It appears to also be the ejector, but I want to make sure I'm not piercing primers when I go to try this thing out.

Edit to add: maybe I should rephrase the question. How much should the firing pin protrude through the bolt face?
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The firing pin is the ejector so it has to protrude quite a bit, maybe 4-5mm. Don't worry about piercing primers; so-called pierced primers are NOT caused by excessive firing pin protrusion and the firing pin spring on that gun wouldn't have the power to punch a hole anyway.

I guess you figured out the little notch that you use to install the firing pin spring guide, but that seems to baffle most folks trying to assemble that gun.

Jim
  3. MarkRSims

MarkRSims New Member

Yep, got the takedown and reassembly figured out, Thanks Jim!

I've only had to chase down the spring and plunger a half dozen times. I also replaced the firing pin spring at the same time with a new one, and this one has quite a bit more strength than the 80 year old kinked one that was in it.

Thanks for the info!
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010