question about slide

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by kennyg, Mar 25, 2006.

1. kennyg

kennyg New Member

I recently boutght a SA GI-45 and have noticed that the front of the slide is scratching a little on the right side. I can actually move the slide with my hand (side to side). It will touch the right side slightly, but not the left. Is this normal, or should I sent it back to SA? :eek:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Welcome to TFF. I've seen alot of mil-spec 1911's make the scratch. It doesn't seem to be a big deal. Send it back to Springfield if you want and they might just do a little slide fitting.
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Shooter is right in his suggestion. Springfield's people are some of the best and will try to see that nothing is wrong. I have had mine back to them and it was 100% better after they thoroughly went through it to see that all was well.
  4. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Remember that GI is just that, the general issue model. The slide will probably have some play in it, unlike say a Gold Match, or something that has tolerences within a hair, and has been accurized.
    If you are concerned with the scratching, send it on in. I remember that Marlin had that difficulty with his right after SoMo got it for him, and if he says it's 100% now, after SA looked it over, I'd take that to the bank.

The Daddy
  5. kennyg

kennyg New Member

Thanks for the info, It stopped getting any worse, I did call SA, they said a little wear is normal. It seems to be a slight cosmetic problem at best. It shoots fine for now. I will see how it goes. Thanks again!