1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Question about the bolt for romanian training rifle

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by roco88, Nov 21, 2008.

1. roco88

roco88 New Member

I have a 1976 romanian training rifle. Im having some issues getting the bolt to insert after i removed it from the weapon. I did not take the bolt appart, but it seems as though part of the sheet metal where the magazine well is, is catching the bolt so it cant slam home. if anybody has any suggestions im all ears, thanx
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. Mac's!

Mac's! New Member

It's possible that it's not catching at the front but at the back at the bolt handle. Make sure that the bolt is in the cocked position. Does the bolt handle line up with the slot in the receiver? Also, possibly the bolt release is sticky. It's supposed to allow the bolt to slide in without any issues but you may try pressing the button as you slide the bolt in. Hope this helps. Keep yer powder dry, Mac.
  3. roco88

roco88 New Member

yeah, the bolt was twisted in the cocked position, apparently i needed to take it out of the cocked position to slide it back in. thanks mac