Question for Crpdeth . . .

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Pistolenschutze, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

They may be a close relative, but the first difference I notice is that these plants are quite large compared to the ornamental plants. I've eaten one of those raw as well... Phew! :D

Crpdeth
  2. If I get 'em, you got 'em Donny, both whole peppers and seeds if possible. The two Chiltepins I put down look healthy enough, but I have not seen any blossoms on them as yet. These seem very straight and tall for pepper plants, but without a lot of the foliage you see on most varieties.
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Rich, did you happen to read how tall they can grow in one season? I hope you have room! Also, greenhouse plants were yielding 50 to 100 pods per year and blooming all year.

Maybe you should just call them shrubbery and plant them all around the house. :D

Crpdeth
  4. Yup, I read about that, Donny. :eek: :rolleyes: I have them planted in large pots actually, and I can always stake them if they get really tall. If they produce well, I may try starting a few indoors from seeds during the winter and see how they do as house plants. That would be kind of fun, I think, and if they get too large, I can always set them out in the garden next spring. ;)
  5. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

how do y'all roast your peppers?

my mema grew a jalepeno as a house plant for a few yrs... she may still have it.

you gotta get a q-tip to pollinate it tho.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Hey Rosie welcome to the recipe forum... Yay! We actually got a woman in here talking about cooking! I fully intend to learn stuff! :D

We were just discussing the fun of roasting peppers here... Check it out!

Crpdeth
  7. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:p thanks
  8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Hey Rich if you get enough of them peppers to grow I wouldn't mind adding some to my pepper bed. I am always willing to try a new pepper. I like to watch them grow as much as eating them peppers are pretty:D
  9. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Ya man, pretty yummie:D
  10. So far the plants seem to be growing well, but I've not noticed any blossoms on them as yet. If I do get peppers, you shall have some as well, Ron. :D