1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

question for tac401

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/01 9:46:34 am)
    | Edit | Del All question for tac401
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hey tac, I just noticed, when did I become a V.I.P. member?

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/01 10:39:23 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: question for tac401
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loader44 -

The custom around here is that when you attain VIP status, you have to buy everybody DOUBLE shots at the Pump House.

I'll have a double of The Glenlivet (the 20 year old stuff, if you don't mind), with a splash of water. Thanks!

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/26/01 11:07:26 am)
    loader44 - sometime after you hit a certain post count you became a VIP Member.

Hope that helps explain it and welcome to the select club!

AGunguy
    (11/26/01 11:08:54 am)
    Say fellers, I've got my elbow on the brass rail...could you give me a hand to the top with the rest of ya.

GG

TallTLynn
    (11/26/01 11:19:55 am)
    Ummm AGunguy - you are a moderator like myself - when you became one they gave you the name "Moderator" and took away the "V.I.P" name.

So see you are ahead of some, alongside others, and behind a few.

As it goes with all of us.

Though technically speak - V.I.P. is kinda cool.

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/26/01 11:25:13 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: question for tac401
    Gawl darn it, I didn't know
    that Loader44 knew how ta count?
    Charlie D

Is he really a "VIP"...
    The shortest question
    requires the longest
    thought. Try an hurry if you can.

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/01 11:32:26 am)
    | Edit | Del question
    OK, OK, I'll buy the first TWO rounds , for anybody that shows, that is.

polishshooter
    (11/26/01 11:43:19 am)
    BUT we are all equals here...

Of course if we get some PETA members and Sarah Brady supporters as members that could change, but I think that's unlikely....

Somebody has to tend the store, though....

Here's all the "titles," I think this is all of them...

"Member," Self explanatory...

VIP means longevity, (I think 50 posts or so...)

"Forum Host" means you've demonstrated knowledge in a specific area that we staff, (wholly subjectively of course ) think can be an "expert" and give advice with the "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" from the TFF....

"Moderator" comes when first, we have openings, and second, the other mods feel comfortable that you can do the job, and third, you buy enough drinks... We've only recently had to add mods since the board has grown so much, and a few original staff resigned and/or were terminated.

Senior Staff just means mods that have been around since we had like 30 members (In other words, the original mods...)and have demonstrated they can work the mod controls without blowing up the forum or shutting down the whole internet for a day or so... ...and exist mainly to give advice to other mods and assist Shooter45...

Shooter45 is the "Chief of Staff..."

And of course, TAC is God...or should I say the CinC...

BUT the thing to consider is that ANYBODY, even somebody with their first post, can show they are knowledgeable, or an expert on something, or on any topic...so we welcome EVERYBODY'S comments and opinions...

"Titles" really mean nothing when it comes to opinions, arguments, discussions, or knowledge...
    THAT'S where we are all equal...

and remember, "The MORE you know, the LESS you know..."

We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

BlackGun
    (11/26/01 11:52:12 am)
    Thumbs Up! for Loader44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

TallTLynn
    (11/26/01 11:54:07 am)
    polishshooter - it's all good and geez you are far more knowledgeable about all of this than I am.

And they said women talked a lot (hmmmmmmm).

lol

polishshooter
    (11/26/01 11:57:56 am)
    And oh yeah, Mods do NOT have to always agree, right T?

What are you trying to say, T, I TALK too much? Geez, you sound like my WIFE!
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/26/01 10:33:11 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: question for tac401
    loader44,

Polish and the gang are correct, the V.I.P. title is given on or just before a members 50th post/reply as a show
    of appreciation from myself and the staff for a members support in the way of quality posts & replies here at TFF.

Tac

The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator