1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Question.. Norinco M-1911A1 Government .45 ACP

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JUNKKING, Jun 4, 2009.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Seen this in a gun shop today in the box from a collection never been fired 469.00 is this a good price and is this a decent gun for a first time 1911 owner. Any info. is greatly appreciated. Thanks JUNK
  2. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

Norinco isn't known for making high-quality renditions of any weapon. Some of their stuff isn't bad, but very little is actually good. For a first timer, I'd go with something else. You can get into several better brands for less than that one, too.
  3. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Ty bntyhmtr I had no idea what the quality f Norinco is. I think you answered my question for me. thanks again. JUNK
  4. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

I'd pay that for a Norinco. It's a good price for a decent gun. You might be able to get a new Springfield GI for around that price, however...that's what I would recommend if funds are tight.

cb
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

you can get a springfield armory gi model for about 25 dollars more, and it is 4 times the gun a norinco gun is. norinco is just like everything else that comes from china... junk
  6. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Thank you all for the replies. I seen this gun and was wondering what to expect from it I guess I know now. The budget is not a problem was just looking foe a deal. My Wife carries a Kahr .45 acp PM4543 stainless polymer for ccw. I really like the Kahr but was looking for something in the 1911 style for myself. There are so many to choose from and I know you only get what you pay for but there is a line when it becomes no better of a gun than one that is several hundred dollars less unless you are into the high end Colts Baer arms Ed Browns and makers of that calibre. I will continue my quest for one that feels good and is reliable to carry for concealed. I now carry a Ruger P94 .40 cal with either the Tarus 24/7 or the Kel-Tec P40 as a backup. Thanks again for all the help. JUNK
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

How many of you have actually owned a Norinco 1911 ???

Judging from the replies to this thread, I'd guess none. Maybe you need to do an internet search on the Norinco. Did you know that Wilson Combat will do custom work on the Norinco 1911 ?? One of the few brands they will accept in their shop and that speaks volumes. Do an internet search for Norinco 1911 and see how many good reviews you find. The only thing I personally find wrong is the " Copy of the 1911 made in China" logo stamped on the slide. Will they accept Colt 1911 parts ?? Yes they will and with an exact fit. One of the most accurate 1911's I have ever owned,, after some accuracy work, was a Norinco that I paid $260 for . I sold it after winning 10 pistol matches in a row to one of my competitors for $650.

Not scolding anyone but there is enough misinformation on the internet and we try not to have that here.

Junk, IMHO, I would buy that Norinco 1911 and never look back. It will serve you well.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I have one I bought almost 20 years ago. Bought in on Jim Clark's advice. Let him do his thing on it, and it is my CCW. I have fired thousands of rds. thru it, and have never had any complaints. Shoots dead on out to 50yds.
  9. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

It sounds like a few people have had good luck with the Norincos, congrats. I haven't dealt with their 1911s, but have on several of their other imitations. I wasn't a bit impressed with any of them as a company. But, there are good and bad out there, I'm sure of that. I simply offered my opinion on the matter for a first timer. I still believe in this situation, the OP would most likely be better off going something else. Just my opinions.
  10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Check this out Junkking. It looks to be a pretty decent pistol. Bruce Flinch is our residnt Para expert. Perhaps he can give you some advice.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=56531
  11. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Jeff. Thank you for the link. I'm sure you got my message. I d have a message out to Bruce to get his input on this. I have been thinking on this one real hard but I don't think I will buy a gun online. As we all know and have all read here two guns of the same make and model can differ in ways we don't want such as trigger pull slide feel. I think I would just like to be able to hold the gun I;m going to buy. This is a great price they list here, But this para isn't too much more in some of the other laces I have checked online. Can't be that much more in a local shop. I really appreciate everyones help on this. I am going on a road trip today and stopping at all the shops I know within 40 miles or so. Who knows maybe I will end up with something totally different. Thanks again, JUNK
  12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Good luck on your gun shopping today. I hope you find one in a size that fits.
  13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I know nothing about Norinco 1911's but I do own a Norinco SKS and I'd have to say it is a quality firearm. It scores well in every measure of a firearm. Of course it is the nature of Russian designed firearms to be mass produced cheaply.

China definately does produce some junk but my guess would be that the gap between their 1911 and say Springfield Armory is much closer than it is between their dial calipers and Starret or Mitutoyo's.

But honestly if you want the best bang for your buck I don't think you can beat a Rock Island Arms 1911 made in the Philipines. Price is even cheaper than what you said the Norinco was selling for and the company has been in the firearms manufacturing business for a long long time.
  14. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

shooter 45 hit it right on the head, the norinco is a fine gun at least in 45..... it's been used as the base for many a custom piece. a plain jane norinco for that type of money is a sleeper grab it
  15. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

It was rumored in years past that the Norinco 1911 was made on dies bought from Colt. I never found where that was proven but after owning several and having good luck with all of them, I can say they are an excellent pistol. Goods sights,decent trigger, etc. They are an excellent platform for custom work.

China makes some crappy weapons but they know specs and the Norinco's are made to spec.