Question on Neumann Freres Co. Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by acwrelics, Jun 17, 2011.

1. acwrelics

acwrelics New Member

I have been looking and looking on the internet to try to find an exact match for this revolver. It appears to be a .38 Neumann Freres & Co. Liege Belgian Maker and was engraved by David H. Brevete. The cylinder has the regular Belgian proofmarks with the crown over M. Does anyone know what this gun dates to or any information about it. I thought this one would be easy to track down but it has been quite dificult. Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  4. acwrelics

acwrelics New Member

Thanks....That was fast. I saw that website on my search but I kept getting the wrong gun. What would these be worth as Civil War Pistols? I have included several more pictures. If you need more, let me know.
  5. acwrelics

acwrelics New Member

Here is a picture from the side. You may be able to make out the crown over M.

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      109.3 KB
      Views:
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

FWIW, Brevete simply means Patent
  7. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Unless you have documented provenance of such use, don't refer to it as a Civil War gun. No idea what sale in the U.S. would bring; it might have a better market with European collectors. The crown over M would be mark of the Liege proofhouse controller, and you might contact host of the little gun site, who possibly can identify him and narrow date manufactured. He might also wish to add your photo to his page.
  8. acwrelics

acwrelics New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. I sent him a picture but am waiting for a respone. I've got a couple of more guns to ask questions about!