1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Question on Springfield model 1903

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

devious behavior
    (3/2/03 3:14:49 pm)
    Reply Question on Springfield Model 1903
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey guys,
    I'm new here and I have a question. A friend of mine has recently come into posession of a rifle and he wants to know the approximate value of it and what round it is chambered for.

The rifle is a Springfield Model 1903 serial number 383004 and the manufacturing date stamped on it is 9/09.

It is definitely stock in very good condition but it is missing the cleaning kit and bayonet.

Thanks.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/2/03 7:12:02 pm)
    Reply Re: Question on Springfield Model 1903
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey there devious behavior! Welcome! Given that the serial number indicates pre-heat treat I'd say $400.00-$450.00, and oh yeah almost forgot Caliber is 30-06...Jump in anywhere and post away!..

devious behavior
    (3/2/03 10:17:50 pm)
    Reply Re: Question on Springfield Model 1903
    Hey...thanks for the welcome and the information!