Question on the Kahr K9

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Gort, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Gort

Gort New Member

I have just purchased a used Kahr K9 in excellent condition...but it seems that now doing some research on this pistol I understand that there may have been a few problems on the earlier production ones. Can anyone shed some light on this? The problems I heard about were extreme tight tolerences which caused some problems with feeding of reloads. Is there any way to tell when a paticular K9 was produced?
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Look at the serial number; ignore the prefix. 3 digits might be a problem, but all of their stuff, to my knowledge, works GOOD.
    All are +P+ rated, so don't be afraid to (within reason) hotrod it a bit.
    I've presently a MK-9, in stainless, heavy, but stout. I'd shoot anything in it I'd shoot in my Brownings/FN's
    Just keep it lubricated, and it will run.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Gort......welcome to TFF!

Are you the Gort from "The Day The Earth Stood Still"?

"Gort.......Klatuu barada nictu!"
  4. Gort

Gort New Member

Hey Xracer...Yes one in the same Gort. Probably one of the best Sci Fi films ever made. Guess I am dating myself as I saw it in the movies. Now I have it on VHS... watch it at least once a year and never tire of it..
  5. Xracer

I agree with you. That thing was probably made on a budget of $1.98 (with change left over)......no great special effects, but a very well done commentary on the paranoia of the McCarthy era.

BTW, my neice knows Patricia Neal, and she's very proud of that movie.

My neice, Christy, is the Editor of a small-town New Jersey newspaper and called Ms. Neal for an interview......and suprisingly got it at Ms. Neal's home on Long Island.

Well, of course, the subject turned to movies and Ms. Neal said: "I was nominated for, and received a number of awards and was in quite a number of fine motion pictures, but one I've always felt great affection for was 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' ".

Well, Christy, (in her mid-to-late-twenties) had never heard of it, and knowing that I was a sci-fi fan, sent me an Email to see if I was familiar with it.

I told that next time she saw Ms. Neal, to tell her something

Well, about a month later, Christy visited her again, and told her, "My Uncle Jim said to tell you 'Gort....klatuu barada nictu' ".

Ms. Neal broke out in a big laugh and said, "Tell your uncle, that he's my kind of man! "

BTW, you realize, of course, that Gort was the robot and that Klatuu was the part played by Michael Rennie, don't you?
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

And Michael Rennie got his start as Rusty, the kid in Rin -tin tin, the post mascot in an old serial set in the 19th centuty, in a cavalry post out west, somewhere.
    He lived in Inglewood, Ca back in the 50's, and always got pissed when someone hollered " Go, Rinny!"
    How's that for trivia?
  7. Xracer

8. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

9. Gort

Gort New Member

Xracer..Yes I am aware who Gort is and who Klaatu is. Like I said I watch this movie at least once a year for the last 7 or 8 years ever since I acquired the VHS of it. You are right about the budget of the movie. It is really great the way the movie actually depicts the actual time of the movie...in the once scene you see a drivers license with the date on it. Just for general info I was telling a friend of mine about the movie and explained to him that it was made in the early 50's and was in black and white and asked him if he was interested in viewing it...he said naw maybe some other time..I said "tell you what lets just watch if for about 15 minutes and then we will go shoot some pool" Well after 15 minutes I said lets go and he said NO I want to see the whole thing. To make a long story short he throughly enjoyed it and has since purchased a VHS of it.
  10. stash247

stash247 New Member

You're right-called my brother, the trivia guru, and he said "Tommy Rennie". Sorry
    Terry