Question on Yugo sks barrel

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by bufford, Nov 22, 2012.

1. bufford

bufford New Member

Hi all, I've got a Yugo SKS that has a Russian m91/30 barrel, 7.62x54R, on it, It is chambered for the 7.62x39 round, just wondering if that is something different from the norm or what, all numbers match on the rifle and I've got pics if I can figure out how to get them posted, no electro stenciling on any parts either, any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hrmmm.. I bet somebody at the importing facility got confused during the engraving process.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

someones first day that got transfered from the draganov assembly line ;)
  4. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Somebody was Hitting the Vodka
  5. bufford

bufford New Member

Ok, I got a good laugh on my answers, thanks, but really, I,ve got 3 other Mosins, 2 91/30s and a M44, the Yugo SKS barrel matches these, no other engraving or factory marks on it anywhere, and still trying to post pics, thanks again for the "help" haha, I really like this forum also. If I can't post pics, I will send them via e-mail to view.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I was serious. When made at the factory those guns do not have any of that engraving on the barrels. The importer is required to put it on there before they can import them.
  7. bufford

bufford New Member

So its a screw-up via the importer? I can live with that, does it take anything away from the "value" of the SKS itself? or does it just add a bit of mystery to it, have been getting odd looks at the range when people ask about it and see the barrel, do I keep it as is and will it become a possible collector rifle? Thanks in advance too for the quick reply!
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nah. they still are only worth what they are worth. There really isnt any collector value to it aside from being a milsurp weapon. The yugo 59/66s tho will be among the forst sks rifles banned by the gun grabbers. The ONLY reason they allow them into the states as import milsurp is due to a loophole and are only legal so long as you dont modify them in any way shape or form. You cant even change the stock legally.