Question - what would you think...

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by armoredman, Dec 13, 2011.

1. armoredman

armoredman New Member

2. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I pretty much did the same thing with just a molle tactical vest and then added on the pouches and holsters that I wanted, it doesnt have any plates or anything though.
  3. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I like the armor - I have a vest, but it's a standard concealable, putting that on in the middle of the night would be slow, clumsy, and cost me all the time I had left in the world. I just spoke to one of the guys at US Palm, nice people, right up the highway from me, too, in Scottsdale.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I would put $300 somewhere else in the plan first. Motion sensors outside, sturdying up an interior wall or two, something like that. If it comes down to you needing body armor, you're already in a very bad spot.
    If you house is laid out like mine, an intruder could only approach the bedroom from opposite a single wall. I would put the $300 into some plates of steel behind the drywall (which can be pretty cheap if you pick it up as scrap) before I tried to get armor for the both of us. I'm still working to make it very difficult to get all the way to the house without us being aware.

Your situation is different, so always take suggestions with a grain of salt. In the end, it's your life you're protecting.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

a couple grands worth of 1" 4140 plate here with 3mm plate 2" in front , the gap is filled with blue metal gravel the light plate is just to hold the gravel in place the 1" plate will stop anything that gets through ...
  6. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I would move to safer neighborhood.:)
  7. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Good dogs are the best burglar alarm. Use rounds designed for anti-personnel use and overpenetration is not that big an issue. Never felt the need for tactical vests, etc, for home defense. Good dogs, a good flashlight that can be operated/pulsed with one hand, and either a 20 ga shotgun (wife) or .45 auto (me). Those, and common sense tactics are all I need.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I think the armor would be nice! But I have to agree with CampingJosh, and Jack. For home defence I think it would be better to have the BG outside, instead of defending once he is inside. Still, under certain conditions the armor would be nice! My 12 gauge shot gun is leaning against the wall at the head of my bed, and my .45 is laying on the night table beside the bed, with several extra loaded mags. To get to my bedroom the BG has to come down a 28 foot hallway. To get in the house he has to get by the dogs, the extra locks on the doors, and windows, then the alarms on the doors, and windows, and the motion detectors that cover all doors, and windows. The steel plate might be next!