Question: Would you leave if things got really bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Though I'm not a doomsday type, not cynical by nature, I'm also accutely aware that some of the most precious freedoms we have as Americans are under serious attack and I often wonder how long some of these battles can be fought before they are ostensibly lost permanently. Of course, the full frontal attack on gun rights come to mind immediately, as do right to life issues, the disintegration of free speech (political correctness), the lurch toward open borders, government take-over of health care, confiscatory taxation, reverse discrimination (racial set asides), viscious attacks on Christianity and freedom of religion, and on, and on, and on,....

I sincerely worry about the future of our country, our Constitution, and our cherished freedoms.

Question: Could it ever get so bad that you would consider relocation to another country? If so, how bad would it have to get? Lastly, if you would go, where would you go?

Far fetched scenarios? Perhaps. But not beyond the realm of possibility, considering the road we appear to be on.

Pat Hurley
  2. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

No.............
    I've been in the service and overseas....This is my home and I will die here.....one way or the other.I have seen good time and bad times .....But this is home.
  3. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

So, if your rights to bear arms, free speech, and assembly were revoked, you'd still hang around?

Not me.

Pat Hurley
  4. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I hope to be in the first wave to leave when the Lord returns to rapture the church. I think that is not far off.

Not trying to start a religious battle, just thinking the good book does not say this world will ever be at lasting peace.
  5. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

Pat ...............I think alot of action from the people will happen first.......
    Second....I'm going on 66 yrs. old and I'm disabled from the service. do you think all my gun are legal ????????? You can't give up what they don't know you have ????

I'm an old man that been thru a lot in war and peace ......I'm tired ....it's up to the younger generation to take charge now. If and when the time comes I hope they step up to the plate like their fathers before them or we will be in a lot of trouble.

Former Marine Sgt.
    1st Batt 9 th Marines
    (The Walking Dead Batt.)
    65- 66 Viet-Nam
  6. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Absent Christ's second coming, what would you do?

Pat Hurley
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I don't think it could get bad enough for me to leave. I might become an outlaw but I wouldn't leave. this reminds me of a good saying
    "When injustice become law, rebellion becomes a must"
    On the same note I could move to Russia where you can buy a full auto AK for $75, but it ain't America and I am an American, Just like I am a Southerner and I would never leave the South
  8. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

I was wondering when this subject would come up. It is something I've pondered myself.

If things got so bad here that we a culture-based civil war broke out, I would find myself -as Ann Coulter put it- on the side with the men and the guns. But if that were to happen, there would be more than two groups (left & right) fighting for control. You'd have the hispanics, with drug-runners and MS-13 as their guerilla fighters, the Islamofascists, and China. Not a pretty sight. But if that came about, I'd be fighting to the death for the country my ancestors helped build.

Now if the New New Left managed to infringe on our rights to bear arms, and further restrict our free speech (McCain-Feingold was a big step, and if the Fairness Doctrine is revived things will be really bad.) and go after our right to assemble with Janet Reno-style fury, then a revolution or rebellion would be nearly impossible. They would have a bloodless coup, a Marxist entity, and I would be sneaking out.

Where? For me, the best place is Japan. Let's face it, what other countries allow guns rights like the U.S. has enjoyed for so long? If I can't have guns I might as well go someplace where I wouldn't need them. I can already speak the language, eat their food, drive on the "wrong" side of the road and shift gears with my left hand, plus I find the women attractive. I'll be there in September, so if it all goes to pot here, I'll just not bother coming back.
  9. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

HOLD MY GROUND.
    Maybe head to the hills and live like Jerimiah Johnson if it got bad enough.
  10. stash247

stash247 New Member

We're on the same page, brother!
    I lost a neighbor, and his two kids, a few years ago, to a fire they could not escape from, in their home; the reason??? Burglar Bars!
    The guy was not a criminal, rather, a fine man, and good father; why, then, should he live in a jail?
    Here, in Texas, 'Burglary of a Habitation' is ALWAYS a Felony charge.
    We have a strong sense of property rights, civil rights, and Constitutional Rights!
    My kids are grown, and such measures have been taken as to make me an "Instant Pauper", the moment before I die, allowing all to go on, as planned, in my absence, for my kids, grandkids, and friends. It would take a phone call to put it into motion, while I was still living.
    This is a tremendous luxury, should ever the SHTF, as the government would have absolutely NO leverage, to induce me to 'cease and desist', my own private "Constitutional War".
    I am fortunate to be the beneficiary of a lot of very expensive, intensive, government paid training, during my military days, most focusing the skills and techniques of 'Unconventional Warfare'; even more fortunate to have maintained contact, for many years, with a fairly large group of like trained, and like minded people, with whom I served, years ago.
    Should things get "That Bad", here, we as a Nation, need to "Fix" them, by any means, or method, available; If the law is wrong, ignore it, and do what is right! If the Government is wrong, correct it, "Fire" it, or destroy it, by whatever means possible.
    I write from a small house on the west side of San Antonio, where I have lived for 30 years, or nearly. I won't give in to a burglar, and bar the doors and windows, making me the prisoner, why then would I bow, to a bunch of professional parasites, in DC, if they exceed the Constitution?
    I am trying, as I have for many years, to 'get along' with everyone, as it is the way of water, the strongest force on earth, and, so far, I've only had 5 "confrontations", of any consequence, since I left the Military.
    I'm proud of that, as my temper, and aggressive ways, cost me a total of thirteen stripes, as a soldier!
    But, sometimes there are genuine reasons to be less than passive; the things I risked so much, for so long, in so many strange places, for, is one damned fine start for that list!
    Should the Billaries, and Fat Teddies, of this country attempt to take away those things so many have died for, I believe they will remember the years in Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq, as a short time in Padadise, compared to what will happen here!
    Hell, NO, I won't leave! To my dying breath, I will work to fix the problem, from within, or without, as the situation warrants, and train, arm, & encourage others to do the same! This is MY COUNTRY, and, you simply won't run me off!
    "Rant Mode Off"
    All the best, to all of you, Terry
  11. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

If things got that bad, No freedoms, like the USSR, yep, I'm out of here.
    Like a rat leaving a sinking ship.
    How can you revolt against a Government that controls the military?
    I may have guns but I can't match the toys they have. They can watch you with a satellite and push a button and smoke you and you'd never know what hit you.
    Stash, I don't have any military or ex-military connections.
    It's just me and my few buddies and my family.
    Where to go?
    I'm not up on the worlds gun laws or freedoms. I'd have to do some homework.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  12. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

If most of our freedoms disintegrated, and our Constitution was largely revoked, and a winable fight wasn't in the offing, I'd head for...

1. Tristan de Cunha
    2. New Zealand
    3. Bahamas
    4. Costa Rica
    5. Belize
    6. Cayman Islands
    8. Ireland
    9. Singapore
    10. Tahiti

And I'd take all my family, my guns, along with a copy of the Constitution.

Pat Hurley
  13. southernshooter

No matter what happens if WE as a Militia were fighting against, Government or anybody for that fact Their is one thing to always keep in mind
    "ONE MAN CAN CHANGE THE WORLD WITH ENOUGH AMMO"
    I would NOT run no matter the situation because I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees running from anybody I don't care the technology or the man power they have
  14. southernshooter

Winnable or not it is still a fight I will give my life for
  15. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have always assumed I will not " die on my feet, fighting back." I shoot much more accurately from the prone.

Pops