Question: Would you leave if things got really bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Jan 24, 2007.

1. jvbladeslinger

jvbladeslinger New Member

Australia is not a good place to run to! They won't even let citizens from the outback keep thier firearms for protection, from what I understand. You think as a immigrant they would let you? As far as ABC's, I talk about things like this in public all the time & welcome them to call me on my first Ammendment rights! I'll splash it all over the news so fast they'll wonder if our founding fathers were back from the gave & coaching the team!
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

If things got really bad here it would be alot worse then Australia. And also I said that the guns would be for a safe trip not while they are their. Just when they are on their way their
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

Southern., JVbladeslinger, you both make valid points, as does Pistol.
    JV, what Group? I was 1st, (Oki), then 46th Co, then 5th (RVN), my second tour; you, obviously, languished at the same expensive, intensive,training trough I did!
    Point is, my whole purpose in the Military was to train, and mobilize, an indigenous fighting force in the face of adversity, and with alacrity, as there were only a handful of us 'round eyes', in any given AO! Our very survival depended on our skills as warriors, and more importantly, as "Teachers of Warriors".
    And on planning, always planning. Many A-sites we conctructed were created with the means for their total destruction, laid in, first, then the 'Improvements', atop them, with the idea that, if over run, we'd not go, alone!
    I suspect all on this board have an 'alternative place to be', whether the 'lake house', a houseboat, a ranch or farm some distance from the principal residence, or, even, a storage room, off site. Mine has weapons, lots of ammo compatible with them, and enough MRE's, medical supplies, and water, to 'go to ground' for a very long time, if I must, but, by design, simply a remote center of operations, requiring me to bring little more than my simple self, to be 'up and running'.
    One of mine is about thirty acres, with a travel trailer on it, a spare truck, fuel, and water aplenty, known to exist in that location, by two daughters, one son in law, and my two best friends; got room for them all, if need be, but by it's nature, safe from bipedal predators!
    Another, on a buddy's farm, in a different direction, gets used less, but there's a airtight 'can' in the barn, with all the **** a young man would need to stay 'lost', or "go private", according to his notion, indefinitely.
    This kind of preparation will cost a few bucks, to be sure, but, when it comes right down to it, WTF would you do with money, should the situation come to this? Buy a Cop???
    Please consider what I have said, at least, for a bit. Nothing you 'stash' cannot be used, if you choose, tomorrow, and replaced; Everything on my list, for every 'Alternative CP' is 'below the horizon' of governmental recordkeeping; in their minds, non-existant!
    While the probability is very low, the stakes are very high: surely it is worth the effort of adequate preparation!
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  4. jvbladeslinger

jvbladeslinger New Member

Stash, I was a member of the S.E.A.L. teams,#4 The maladjusted. I also have a basecamp set up for family & a few freinds but if it got too bad (can't hold position any longer) then I do have the houseboat plan as back-up. I'm not letting anyone run me out with out paying a dear price for every acre they get. I also understand that sometimes you have to step back , get you're breath then re-evaluate. I won't leave till i'm out of men, support or options. remember a lot of stuff can be "liberated" during squirmishes but it's hard to replace trained men you can trust you're families life with!
  5. Highlander

Highlander New Member

I served eight years active duty (US Army Airborne) two tours RVN. I would never leave the USA, but I will fight if I must. Losing the rights that I served and fought to protect falls under the heading Must Fight.
  6. Welcome to TFF, Highlander! Glad to have you with us! :)

I think you will find most of us pretty much agree with your sentiments on this issue, and many of us have been where you were as well. I also must agree with jvb's point that "sometimes you have to step back , get you're breath then re-evaluate." Dying "gloriously" in some foolish and ill conceived skermish with an overwhelming force may be heroic, but it is also pretty stupid. What's more, it won't protect one's family very effectively either. I was just an 11-bravo grunt with three stripes, but they taught me (and my experiences confirmed it) that it is always better to think first, and then shoot! :D
  7. Nortranman

Nortranman New Member

I don't see it as a matter of choice. I would stay and fight because any other idea doesn't even come to mind. Even if it weren't that I am loyal to the United States (the people) there is the issue of the land itself. What is here is mine. I worked and served to make it mine. If my government turns against me for my beliefs, and goes so far as to attempt to displace me without just cause, I'm afraid I would go down fightin' and never give up. I haven't lived all these years to be driven from the land of my birth by anyone.
  8. Highlander

Highlander New Member

Thanks for the welcome. You are of course right you must think things out before you act. The lessons learned in RVN may have been lost on our goverment but they were not lost on me. Don't get into a stand up fight with a professional army. Hit and run, take one or two when you can and run. Use gun and ammo hides over a wide area. Hand loading should be learned and used often. Don't die for your beliefs make the enemy die for theirs. At one time I took a oath to protect my country from enemies both foreign and domestic I beleive that is still my duty.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  9. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

WOW I am some what surprised by a few answers :eek:
    There are a lot of OLD soldiers around and most I think will stand their ground! There are a lot of current soldiers around that will not do as ordered when it comes to attacking the folks that they grew up with or their parents, some will but not many!
    That is why THEY want to bring in a UN Police Force so that there is a way to control all of us.
    RUN HELL NO !!!
    Retreat to fight another day, maybe!!
    Give up my land to another person for free Hell NO !!!!!
    Pat would I move to another country? yes the new found state of "RON'S Place"
    I can be called a terrorist or a fugitive or a criminal or what ever they want to call me but I am standing my ground and I have several years worth of beans rice canned meats skills and equipment to do just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After two years nine months three weeks and four days in RVN I have learned a lot about how to see without being seen. I wasn't a fool then nor one now. (I can hide better then a cockroach in a NY City Church ;) )

Buy more
    COMPONENTS
    DRIED BEANS
    RICE
    STOCK UP
    SEEDS
    TRADE GOODS
    BE READY FOR THE WORST HOPE FOR THE BEST
    GIVE ALL YOU HAVE (when they come for your stuff)
    CHOOSE THE ORDER THEY GET IT:D :D :D
    RON
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Ron ,that is the very reason why we need to get out of the U.N.You said it ,preach on.I agree with you 110%
  11. azsigman

azsigman New Member

Deleted
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007