Question: Would you leave if things got really bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Welcome to TFF, Highlander! Glad to have you with us! :)

I think you will find most of us pretty much agree with your sentiments on this issue, and many of us have been where you were as well. I also must agree with jvb's point that "sometimes you have to step back , get you're breath then re-evaluate." Dying "gloriously" in some foolish and ill conceived skermish with an overwhelming force may be heroic, but it is also pretty stupid. What's more, it won't protect one's family very effectively either. I was just an 11-bravo grunt with three stripes, but they taught me (and my experiences confirmed it) that it is always better to think first, and then shoot! :D
  2. Nortranman

Nortranman New Member

I don't see it as a matter of choice. I would stay and fight because any other idea doesn't even come to mind. Even if it weren't that I am loyal to the United States (the people) there is the issue of the land itself. What is here is mine. I worked and served to make it mine. If my government turns against me for my beliefs, and goes so far as to attempt to displace me without just cause, I'm afraid I would go down fightin' and never give up. I haven't lived all these years to be driven from the land of my birth by anyone.
  3. Highlander

Highlander New Member

Thanks for the welcome. You are of course right you must think things out before you act. The lessons learned in RVN may have been lost on our goverment but they were not lost on me. Don't get into a stand up fight with a professional army. Hit and run, take one or two when you can and run. Use gun and ammo hides over a wide area. Hand loading should be learned and used often. Don't die for your beliefs make the enemy die for theirs. At one time I took a oath to protect my country from enemies both foreign and domestic I beleive that is still my duty.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

WOW I am some what surprised by a few answers :eek:
    There are a lot of OLD soldiers around and most I think will stand their ground! There are a lot of current soldiers around that will not do as ordered when it comes to attacking the folks that they grew up with or their parents, some will but not many!
    That is why THEY want to bring in a UN Police Force so that there is a way to control all of us.
    RUN HELL NO !!!
    Retreat to fight another day, maybe!!
    Give up my land to another person for free Hell NO !!!!!
    Pat would I move to another country? yes the new found state of "RON'S Place"
    I can be called a terrorist or a fugitive or a criminal or what ever they want to call me but I am standing my ground and I have several years worth of beans rice canned meats skills and equipment to do just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After two years nine months three weeks and four days in RVN I have learned a lot about how to see without being seen. I wasn't a fool then nor one now. (I can hide better then a cockroach in a NY City Church ;) )

Buy more
    COMPONENTS
    DRIED BEANS
    RICE
    STOCK UP
    SEEDS
    TRADE GOODS
    BE READY FOR THE WORST HOPE FOR THE BEST
    GIVE ALL YOU HAVE (when they come for your stuff)
    CHOOSE THE ORDER THEY GET IT:D :D :D
    RON
  5. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Ron ,that is the very reason why we need to get out of the U.N.You said it ,preach on.I agree with you 110%
  6. azsigman

azsigman New Member

Deleted
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007