Question

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Double D, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have posted several guns on here to determine values and years and have always got the answers I was looking for, and I really appreciate that. A friend of mines niece has inherited several guns and has no idea what they are worth. I am no expert, but I do have a blue book I can look many of them up, but I always like to get others opinions as well.

They have brought me poleroids of each gun and serial numbers, but the only way I can post them here is to take a picture of the pictures and they wont be the best quality. There are 22 total guns. Would anyone mind if I posted and asked for info on that many guns? I dont want to impose. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Go for it.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I agree with Hawg. Gopher it.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

DD, I can't believe ya even asked.:confused:

How many true members post in that forum? One in 10?:rolleyes:

Post 'em if ya got 'em!:D
  5. Double D

Thanks for your replies. I dont take the forum lightly and I appreciate everyones help and time. I dont feel entitled to clog up the forum with all of these guns. I am working on blue booking some now, like the gov model colt 1911 made in 1966. But there will be others. Thanks.
  6. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

If you or your friend have a scanner, try scanning the photos.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Heck, if they're pistols, scan the gun. That's what I did with these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although it does tend to make the color funky on the blue guns.
  8. Double D

I dont have the guns in my possession or I could take perfect pics of them. And I dont have a working scanner right now. So here are some of them. All of these will be for sale. I will probably buy a few myself.
    First are 2 S&W 32 top break 2nd mod ser# 16676 & 156854
    Then 3 colt 25 autos 148312 & 83837 (made in spain) & 129272
    Then browning medalist 22lr. Two of these but pics are of same gun ser # 19026t2 & 19135t2 real nice

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  9. Double D

Ok the first is colt 22 ser# 167661c missing magazine
    Then colt auto match target 057856s
    Then mauser a-g oberndorf 7.65 sn#228279
    Then colt gov model 45 auto 1966 commercial

Attached Files:

10. Double D

First one high standard model B ser#12620
    Then high standard sport king mod 103 22lr 2 barrels ser#2112604
    Then a western field mod xnh-560-8A 16 ga adj choke
    Thanks for looking. I found these extreemly interesting and wanted to share. There are more rifles I will add at a later date.

Attached Files:

11. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Are these for sale or for values for insurance purposes. reason i ask, I collect Hi-Standards!

So, the 103 sport king has the "space gun barrel" on it, betting not the original barrel, has some barrel weights, and is of the 8: or longer length. That gun will bring really decent money. It has a lit going for it, the barrel weights and the barrel itself are highly desirable. With that said to true collectors if it is not an original barrel, it will hurt some as to collector value. To target shooters it will add to value. IMHO it is worth easily $800+ and target shooters will most likely pay more. The model B wil;l bring in the $400+/- $100 range on the online auctions. From the picture it does have some roughness on the slide but that could be just the way the picture is, cannot tell for sure. Now these are WAGs hoing by what I have been seeing on the online auctions as of late. I klnow tehre will be some that will dispute my idea as to these values and I do not claim to be an expert. I am going on what I have paid for my several HI-Standard over the years and mainly by current online auction guns that are actually selling rather than sitting there with no bids.

The 16 ga will sell in the $100 to as high as $175 on line and I would suspect closer to the lower price in part due to the poly choke, undesirable gauge, and maker.

Again do not take my word as a dead set value because as stated I am by no means an expert and some one will come along to dipute the values I stated of that I am sure of. I just go by what I see guns selling for on the online auctions which is a good indicater as to what a gun is worth as long as you take into consideration that m,ost sold online have a shipping fee of $15 to as high as $40.
  12. Double D

Once a value is established, they will be for sale.
  13. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Lose the Mauser, not a highly thought of firearm. Just my opinion. BTW Alpo, NIce 44/40. TJ
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ok the top colt starter target (missing mag ) will accept a woodsman mag

sorry thats the only help i can give as prices vary too much there to here
  15. Double D

I am trying to help a young lady determine the values of what she inherited. Your comment of "loose the mauser" was absolutely zero input.