Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danno, Dec 8, 2011.

1. danno

danno New Member

My brother wants to send me a mounted rifle which was presented to our father from his Officers while serving in Viet Nam. The gun is deact and beautifully mounted on wood with a plaque. Must this go through FFL agents if being shipped from VA to KS?
    Thank you in advance.
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

My suggestion would be to give ATF a call and pose that question to those guys straight up. They may want to look at it to ensure their selves that it is indeed A deact
    firearm. Seems to me personally that it could be sent insured freight like FedEx or UPS.
  3. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

it seems to me that deactivated firearms are such a waste! i hope once you get it home that you'll be able to repair it and get it back in working order;)
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Don't call. Write. Not email. Real letter. Get a response back, in writing, on ATF letterhead.

Any time you are worried that what you want to do might be illegal, and you check - get it in writing. "Agent Jones told me, over the phone, that it was okay" don't work too good in Federal court.