Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danno, Dec 8, 2011.

  1. danno

    danno New Member

    Nov 20, 2010
    My brother wants to send me a mounted rifle which was presented to our father from his Officers while serving in Viet Nam. The gun is deact and beautifully mounted on wood with a plaque. Must this go through FFL agents if being shipped from VA to KS?
    Thank you in advance.
  2. berto64

    berto64 Active Member

    My suggestion would be to give ATF a call and pose that question to those guys straight up. They may want to look at it to ensure their selves that it is indeed A deact
    firearm. Seems to me personally that it could be sent insured freight like FedEx or UPS.

  3. HunterAlpha1

    HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

    Aug 8, 2011
    Yorktown, VA
    it seems to me that deactivated firearms are such a waste! i hope once you get it home that you'll be able to repair it and get it back in working order;)
  4. Alpo

    Alpo Well-Known Member

    Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    Don't call. Write. Not email. Real letter. Get a response back, in writing, on ATF letterhead.

    Any time you are worried that what you want to do might be illegal, and you check - get it in writing. "Agent Jones told me, over the phone, that it was okay" don't work too good in Federal court.
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
General Discussion A question for ShootistPRS Nov 23, 2016
General Discussion Update on my axle ratio question the other day Nov 20, 2016
General Discussion Another automotive question Nov 19, 2016
General Discussion Question on a Vin check? Nov 3, 2016
General Discussion Oddball Question Sep 16, 2016