1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Questions about Llama

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Baggins, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Baggins

Baggins New Member

Hey all,

Hope someone can help me with a few questions I have about my new, old Llama. A few months ago, my dad passed away and my wife and I helped my mom go through some things. She gave me a Llama .380 (which is at least 35 years old. I remember when he got it) and my old .410 shotgun that was mine as a kid that's been in storage for just as long. There is obviously no documentation as to the workings of the Llama and how to maintain it, break it down, clean it, etc. I also brought home the bullets that were in the drawer, too.

1) Is there a website or somewhere to go to learn about this pistol? How to fire it, what levers to push/pull, how to clean it, etc.

2) This ammo for the Llama must be pretty old. Would there be an issue with firing old (several decades old) ammo? Unstable? Unreliable? Chuck it?

3) I would need to get a gun cleaning kit for both the pistol and the shotgun. Any advise anyone can give there? Because I'm not shooting either of these guns until I clean the dust out of them and get them all lubed up and cleaned.

Thanks for any information, in advance. These will be used mainly for home protection and target practice and just to have around. I have heard some good and bad about Llamas. I'm not sure what era this gun was built. Here is some info I got off the gun itself........

Llama - Gabilondo y CiaVictoria (Espana)

An R (degree sign) 1 with two markings on each side are stamped on the area right above the trigger hole

Made in Spain (obviously)

Stoeger Arms
    Hackinsack, NJ (??)

Serial # 576433

Hope that helps. Thanks, again.

Brett
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Friend, look to the 1911 colt; your Llama is nothing but a runt of the litter!
    Your description is somewhat vague, but I am gonna assume it has a grip safety; if so, go to the top.
    Great guns, most poorly finished, with lots of sharp edges, but reliable.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Baggins.......welcome to TFF.

If you have the Llama .380 that I'm thinking of (same one I have), it's a 2/3 scale copy of the Colt M1911.

For care & use instructions and for disassembly/assembly instuctions, go here: http://www.sightm1911.com/

In the left hand column, click on "Care and Use".

Then click on "Maintenance".

All sorts of photo diagrams there on how to disassemble/assemble your firearm (just the same as the Colt 1911.....except for the extractor, a minor thing).

If the ammo has been stored inside a house in a drawer, it's probably still good.

For cleaning, go to almost any gunshop and ask for a pistol cleaning kit for a .380......that'll get you started.

Good luck.
  4. Baggins

Baggins New Member

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate it. Sorry to be so vague. Yes, it does have a grip safety. I will go to the site mentioned and save for future reference. In the meantime, I will save up for something that is not so much of a runt. :D

Brett