Questions and a smile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by charagrin, Mar 10, 2007.

1. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

Hey guys(or gals), I have a serious question. From what I can gather on the internet legal sights, Maine is an open carry state. Im not old enough to technicaly own a gun but my grams is. My question is, Can she keep my Hi-Point 9mm carbine on a truck rack in her rear window? If its unloaded, and the safeties on, and in plain sight? The clips would be in the glove box. I figured one of you older guys(or gals) would know.

Oh, I should probably put this in the comedy section but...:D :D
    My grandmother is 5'2, 58 years old, and about 160 pounds. Shes going for a ccw permit. You wont guess what she bought for a carry weapon though. She got a S&W .500 Magnum with a 4 inch barrel. Man, Its a big gun.

I dont think theyl let her use it though. Its not really concealable. Also she cant cock it, She can barely pull the trigger, but she wont listen to me.Stubborn old woman.:D
    Will they even except the gun itself? Or should I really get her to get a smaller gun? Would a c9 9mm do?

If I can get my digital camera working, Ill post a pic of her "practicing" with it.
    Ps:Im not joking
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Great cheers for Grams. :D

She will probably go for a smaller gun after she has had some experience with the cannon. I like the C9 and own two of them. I have only one in possession, however, because my daughter-in-law won't give me the other one back. :D

Pops
  3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Don't know the area but in a lot places that would be an advertisement to steal it.
  4. durk

durk New Member

I want to see pics of grams shooting that .500!! Keep the camera in hand so as to get the pic of her on the ground after the first shot!:D :D You might want to keep you distance as you never know where that gun might be aiming after that first shot!!:eek:
  5. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

I got to be the first to shoot my buddy's 6" .500 and I think we were both disappointed when it didn't rip my arm off.
    It wasn't too much different than shooting a Super Blackhawk .44 mag.
  6. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I cant install the camera programs on to my computer. I have tried but I get a "Driver Installation Error.":mad: I have the pics, Once I figure out the problem, Ill post them.