1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Quick Question about Savage/Stevens 12 gauge shotgun

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by gun runner, Jun 16, 2012.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I bought this single shot break open 12 gauge shotgun today. I noticed that when you close the breech it doesnt click but it does lock. Is this normal. I think the H&R( New England Firearms ) models clicked when closing the breech. Its a brand new gun but is this normal? $100 dollar shotgun

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I've had a few of the older guns not "click" when closeing them shut, but still breech up.
    You might try giveing it a GOOD cleaning and give it a few drops of Breakfree CLP.
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Okay it locks up perfect and shoots well. Another question I have is why does the back of the shotshell stick out kind of the chamber. It shoots perfect but I cant remember if my New England did that. Shell ejects perfect.
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the shell ejector is sticking.