Quick Question about Savage/Stevens 12 gauge shotgun

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by gun runner, Jun 16, 2012.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I bought this single shot break open 12 gauge shotgun today. I noticed that when you close the breech it doesnt click but it does lock. Is this normal. I think the H&R( New England Firearms ) models clicked when closing the breech. Its a brand new gun but is this normal? $100 dollar shotgun

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I've had a few of the older guns not "click" when closeing them shut, but still breech up.
    You might try giveing it a GOOD cleaning and give it a few drops of Breakfree CLP.
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Okay it locks up perfect and shoots well. Another question I have is why does the back of the shotshell stick out kind of the chamber. It shoots perfect but I cant remember if my New England did that. Shell ejects perfect.
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the shell ejector is sticking.