1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Quik-Shok ammo

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Mr Jody Hudson
    (7/15/01 6:48:55 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Quik-Shok ammo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some people know about Quik-Shok ammo for centerfire.
    www.tritonammo.com/index1.html

Not many know about Quik-Shok ammo for .22
    www.mpbpolywad.com/qs22.html

Here is an often quoted article that disagrees with everything I've found in my tests.
    www.firearmstactical.com/briefs27.htm

Just the facts and prices:
    www.22ammo.com/qs.html

A site that compares several hyper-velocity .22 rounds and also does not agree with me:
    www.22ammo.com/hypervel.html

Just about every .22 ammo there is with stats anb comparisons on it all:
    www.volny.cz/buchtik/Revo...tic_22.htm

Polywad.com is one of the homes of .22 Quik-Shok
    www.polywad.com/

.22 Quik-Shok is my favorite ammo of all. Do any of you use it?

Real Estate services; Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, Fenwick, Oak Orchard and inland bays of Delaware. Informative essays too. Please visit our website and discussion board.

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/15/01 6:54:18 pm)
    Reply Re: Quik-Shok ammo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good evening Mr. Hudson - nice to see that you found this board. However, having never seen that ammo in the stores around here I will have to admit to having never shot it. Will see if any place here carries it though and try it out.

Mr Jody Hudson
    (7/15/01 7:02:10 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Quik-Shok ammo
    I'm happy to be here. I came over from Matthew's board, where I'm fairly new. I am on TFL quite a bit, for quite a while now. I have frequently enjoyed your posts and management Tall... Thanks for the welcome.

I've NEVER seen Quik-Shok .22 in a shop, unless I caused them to order some of the ammo. I find it more accurate, faster, far more "explosive" and more reliable than any other .22 ammo I've used -- EVER.

It can be ordered from one or more of the links above. Also, Ellet Brothers, distributors, carries it and will sell it to dealers who have accounts with them.
    Real Estate services; Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, Fenwick, Oak Orchard and inland bays of Delaware. Informative essays too. Please visit our website and discussion board.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/15/01 7:37:56 pm)
    Welcome there, Mr Jody. I reviewed most of the .22 information you provided.....disagree with most all of it too, though testing this type of ammo from a short barrel leaves many holes in many places. I also find the speed(fps) on hyper .22`s.....very off. I have some very old Winchester Super X .22 and it is faster than some of the stuff listed as hyper, and some is much lower(new listed): Remington Viper, for one....I have had them from sub-sonic to maybe 1250-1275fps.....never coming close to 1400fps. I found that the Remington Viper was the least reliable in speed of the bunch. Prefer in order, depending on .22 rifle used. Remington Sub-Sonic, CCI Mini-Mag, CCI Stinger......my newest custom 10/22 loves the Stinger......my older 10/22 custom likes Subs, my bolt guns like Subs and Mini-Mags, depending on barrel length and style of rifling. I am now testing some new batches Winchester .22`s for a new project .22. Regards LTS
    "I know where the patina finish came from, taste it, I think not!!!!!" But thanks for asking.....

Mr Jody Hudson
    (7/15/01 8:07:16 pm)
    ezSupporter
    LTS, if you get a chance to test some of the Quik-Shok, I hope you are as satisfied as my son and I have been. We have found it best of the batch in his (used to be mine) H&K rifle, his new Sig Trailmaster pistol, and in my new Thompson .22 rifle. It is also best in my OLD Remington 552 Fieldmaster pump! We have 4 Walther TPH pistols between us and all of them prefer the QS over the Stingers, which were our previous choice. For some reason the primer paste in the QS seems to be even more reliable than in the Stingers, made by the same folks.

Take care,

Jody

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/15/01 8:23:09 pm)
    Noticed you mentioned "Contender", would this be the new .22 semi-auto that has recently come on the market? If so, would love to hear a report on it, from a real shooter. By the way.....my Remington 550-P loves Wnchester in it`s 24" tube, old Remington .22`s......love`em, also have a 550-A and looking for a 550-2G to complete the line. Just purchased a Franchi Centinneal .22......simular to the Browning Takedown, 98%....nice quality, very nice wood. It is a top feed as the Browning.....but side ejector....very slick. Will order some QS and give them a try. Regards LTS
    "am not" R2

Mr Jody Hudson
    (7/15/01 8:41:17 pm)
    ezSupporter
    The Thompson is beautiful and as accurate as most thousand dollar customs. I liked it so much that I let my son have my coveted and rare H&K .22 rifle which he has wanted for nearly 20 of his 25 years!

I've not sandbagged it yet and will not put a scope on it, but it's about 3-4 MOA, (that's my quivering offhand standing) as a good guess. Aesthetically, it is in my eye, the most beautiful .22 I've ever seen, even slightly more so than my H&K. Also, it's been completely reliable. I have not shot any ammo other than QS in it as I no longer shoot any other .22 ammo.

Edited by: Mr Jody Hudson at: 7/15/01 11:00:38 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/15/01 9:33:56 pm)
    Thank you Sir. It looked a quality piece, but I have seen very little in the world of information on it. Please let me know the bagged results. The 3-4" will not work for the ones I build, open sites or scoped. It does appear to be a good platform though, for what I do and may give it a try. Thanks for all your information. Regards LTS
    "am not" R2

Mr Jody Hudson
    (7/15/01 10:10:19 pm)
    ezSupporter
    From what I've read, scoped and bagged it's running about 1.5 MOA and sometimes less than 1 with the favored ammo.

I suspect that is correct.

Here is a scoped and bagged test report:
    www.gunweek.com/archives/...e1220.html

My purpose is to have an all the time .22 rifle for life to replace my H&K which filled that purpose before it went to my son. I love the fiber optic sights and the accuracy, ballance, etc. for off hand shooting.

I hope you get a chance to shoot one and wring it out yourself.

Jody

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/15/01 10:28:43 pm)
    Good read, thank you Sir. I will look to add one of these in the near future, but will need to expand the 50 foot test for my needs. It appears a good platform to work from. Thank you again for the information. LTS
    "am not" R2

Chief 101
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/15/01 11:38:33 pm)
    I havent shot a lot of QS yet, but I did buy three boxes at the last gun show I went to. Its what I carry in my NAA mini revolver. From what I'v read its the best .22 round available

Steve
  2. polywad

polywad New Member

I noticed that ya'll were talking about Polywad's shotgun shells.

Recently, I teamed up with Jay Menefee and we rebuilt a new web site for Polywad that is very user friendly and has a good secure on-line order entry system.

To learn more about these Polywad products you were just discussing, click on the following links. First, check out the Quik Shok Sabot Slugs you were just discussing. Also, be sure to see their Spred-R Shotshells. Finally, check out all of Polywad's Shotshells.

Thanks for your interest in Polywad!

R. McEwen
    webmaster for Polywad
  3. KimberLover

KimberLover New Member

The Federals seem similar to CCI Mini-Mags, but superior in accuracy in my opinion. I've moved on to target ammo, but I have good memories of the Federals. Certainly worth a try. Here in the NW, Sportsman's Warehouse and most any Federal ammo dealer will stock them.
  4. BIGDAVE54

BIGDAVE54 New Member

Okay... I enjoyed reading about the polywad shotgun shells,but where can I get the .22 ammo. I have been shooting Winchester Supreme advertised at 1640 fps. I must have got some bad stuff because the last 2 weekends it has failed to fire on dozens of rounds out of 3 boxes. Some after being struck 4 times. It sounds like crap too. One sounds good and two or three sound weak. I paid premium money for this stuff. I want some Quik-Shok!!!