1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

R. Adams Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

mnstuart
    (1/2/03 1:22:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All R. Adams Damascus Barrel Shotgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've inherited a double barrel double hammer shotgun which -- as near as I can tell from the proof mark -- is from the late 1800s.

The words R. Adams are inscribed on the highly etched silver overlay on the stock. There is a fine beavertail at the end of the receiver. Anyone know where I can find out more about this shotgun and determining its value? Thanks.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/2/03 5:55:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: R. Adams Damascus Barrel Shotgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi mnstuart....welcome to TFF.

Well, I've let my fingers do the walking thru the internet, and the only references to an R.Adams Shotgun I can find are here:

www.ukgundealer.com/guideshotgunsa.htm

www.gundealer.net/collector/queries.htm

I believe the R. Adams on your shotgun was probably Robert Adams, a well known English gunmaker and inventor in the mid-1800s. Here's some info on him (if not your shotgun):

www.brucepub.com/guncoll/...i3ar10.htm

I have no idea of your shotgun's dollar value, but I suspect that it does have some.

Also, I wouldn't suggest that you shoot it. These old guns were made for blackpowder shells only.

mnstuart
    (1/4/03 5:09:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks for the info.
    Thank you for responding.