R-R-R

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LIKTOSHOOT, Oct 6, 2003.

1. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Squirrel Hunting Fun/Easy??

Well??? yes and no---depends on who ya ask.

Well, IPT has now been broken in....lmao

I think the fried skunk was a little more than he expected???

Tired????
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, the skunk weren't so bad, then dang armydillo's though are dangerous. That shell really can get stuck in yer teeth!

No, not tired, woke up reachin fer the shootgun this morning! Many thanks for a most enjoyable adventure. Tell Bear and Steve I said hi! Will be a great party this weekend! Cain't wait!

Thanks, BassBoy!
  3. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

BN9 & IPT

Most of us here are itching ourselvs to hear the story and ask questions about your outdoor experience driving through the deep brush of East Texas on 4 Wheelers in hot pursuit of the wilie tree rat and the trophy ground torpedeos, all-the-while sucking down six pacs of Croannas and 1/5th's of Quervoes.
    Q's
    1. Did you kill any Rats or Torpedeos suitable for taxidermy ?
    2. Was all the Croanna and Quervo comsumed ?
    3. Did the 4- Wheeler's make it out alive ?
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi Y's,
    Well, I did not kill any tree rats, but I sure as heck scared a couple! I have never seen rocket propelled tree rats before! :D :D :D

I brought two bottles of JD Single Barrel Reserve and a 1 3/4 Liter bottle of JD Black. BassBoy had two cases of Bud Lite and I had two cases of Bud high test! We left half a bottle of Reserve and 1/3 bottle of JD Black for this coming weekend, but the beer never made it home!

I have the lasting impression of BassBoys carrying rack firmly imbedded in the posterior end of my you know what.

All in all, between Steve, Mike and Bear (who only hunted Saaturday morning) we had a dozen tree rats. So Steve made a big pot of tree rat stew along with a nice big ccorn bread and we chowed down. Man, Steve sure can cook! Brought three bags of stew home with me and we left some at camp for this weekend. Found out that the camp is only 147 miles from home and can make it in an hour and a half.

I brought my Remington 1100 for hunting and it has a 30" barrel. It is definately not condusive to a fast swing in thick brush. Them dang rats is so fast that when you see them and start your swing, they be 100 yards ahead of ya before you can find the trigger.

Definately made three new good friends this weekend and was invited to go there anytime! Some super friendly people these bottom landers are and I look forward to LC's party this weekend. I'll let BassBoy tell ya about them. Also went fishin in the Sulfur river for catfish and caught 1 and two loggerhead turtles. Also got two cottonmouth snakes and a little green snake!

Rained like a cow doing you know what Saturday night, but only a couple of inches. Also put a heater in the outhouse so it was good during the cold nights. Had a wonderful time.
  5. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

IPT you must be riding one of dem rockets! Or that thar JD has still got a hold of you!

98 mph average!! UUUU'ssss FAST!!!
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

About 82 mph was my average, Tuck! All interstate highway 30. For all intents and purposes, less than 2 hours. Thought it was a lot more when Bass and I spoke about it!
  7. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

That's a good drive! I'd have ever trooper in Texas on my tail at that speed! I used to drive real fast and I got so many speeding tickets when I was a kid, the Navy considered me a security risk. Almost prevented me from receiving the clearance I needed to get in the program I wanted. Thank goodness they didn't have computers back then to keep up with the points. I'd a never got my license back! Or insurance either.

I'm a slow poke nowadays. 5 mph above, sometimes 10! of course I try to stay out of others way.
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I've been real lucky so far. No tickets since 1983. Just haven't been caught yet. Posted limit is 70 mph here in TX in the country! Did see two troopers with cars pulled over on the way there and again on the way back. I guess my luck will run out soon!
  9. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Ok...so theys faster than a quail in trees.......told ya!
    Couple a fat headed water snakes and one (number three)
    was stepped on......

Fishing sucked, but while shooting a cHeezy pistol, three small hogs walked down the river bank.

Headed for the stew in a few.......some will never know what they`re missing.

But next weekend is the MAJOR FEED

Squirrel Stew
    Chili
    Hog
    Deer N-MORE
    Dancin an drinkin toooooo

Have pictures------going to get a good laugh with IPT holding my dogs.........well----ya have ta see it.....LMFAO
  10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yup, stews on!

You and them dang pictures!
  11. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep! Gotta see some Pic's Bass and IPT!!!...otherwise i'll be thinkin' it was some kind'a Tejas' orgy...;)
  12. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hey SG, weren't no orgy, just me and BassBoy's good friend Bear passed out on the river bank while BassBoy caught nothin! I think BassBoy was eating the chicken livers while we slept! We was shootin my Springfield V10 and tearin up the bank!

Now ya just gotta picture Bear. He one big Texas boy. Can lift me (230lbs) probably with one hand. His arms are like my thighs! Gentle as a lamb though and a great friend!
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  13. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Good food is a fried rattle snake.
  14. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

yo swampangel, ugot room41mor? IB bring ma smoothbore dubbleduce showU cats howta takem out ona fly thasrite :cool:
  15. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:) IB, How'd you ever make it so far north? :D