RAAC MKA 1919 12 Gauge Shotgun

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by TheGunClinger, Aug 31, 2012.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Has anyone seen this gun or have it? It looks like something that I will hafta have.:rolleyes:;)

Attached Files:

2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Apparently no one has seen this shotgun. Oh well, I will wait and see if there are any reviews.
  3. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I have only read about them.

Made in Turkey.

From what I have read they seem to work well, better after breaking in.

Do a Google search, lots to read.

What turns me off is that they only look like a AR, they share NO parts with a AR. Now if they did, I might want one.

Made in Turkey and you need a few parts a few years from and you might be out of luck.

Not even the stock and forearm can be swapped out to any of the many made for the AR.

Edited to add: I can't believe that I just replied and tried to be helpful to a guy that says "New England Patriots Rule" in his signature.

On second thought I think you should buy a few of these shotguns made in Turkey...I hear they are great.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    raven818 likes this.
  4. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I have seen them and handled them. I thought they felt cheap, just my opinion though. They are trying to sell to AR freaks. I don't know how well they invested in their product though. My thoughts are they are in it for the quick buck. I would buy a Saiga shotgun, think you would be FAR better off.
    Oh, he likes the Cheatriots. Yes, DEFINITELY buy one.
  5. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo New Member

I won't be trading my Saiga 12 in on one.

6. Knife Chris

Knife Chris Active Member

I'll revive a dead horse for this. I just picked up an MKA 1919 after researching them for about a year and damn am I happy with it. Got mine from centerfire systems for $400. After taking to the range yep everything they say is true, it takes about 250rds of high brass to brake them in but then they eat most anything. The 19.7 inch barrel comes with 3 chokes and is a good gun for some fun skeet shooting.

Yeah its got alot of plastic on it. However Tooth N Nail Armory and Salem 6 are making upgrades. The new Aluminum lowers allow for mil-spec buffer tubes and any AR type grip to be added.

As for the forend, both companies are making models for it, one im looking into is Tooth N Nails level 10 forend with left side charging handle built in. Not sure of the materiel off the top of my head but I believe its aluminum as well.

Now the action, its designed after the Remington 1100's action so it does use some parts but mostly it's own. Many US companies are making parts for them and most importantly making gas pistons and recoil springs to make firing low brass more dependable.

Stack it next to a Saiga... out the box Saiga wins. However you'll pay $600+ for one these days and still have a costly conversion to go through, buy a good converted one $1200 and up. Where as the MKA is $400 right now, add $325 for a lower, $200 for a forend, and $150 for buffer tube, stock and grip. Do the swap yourself and for $1100 you have one of the baddest shotguns on the planet with a left side charging handle, AR controls, and still cheaper than a Saiga.

Not to mention they are down right sexy once the're finished. I had mine at the range and everyone was mistaking it for an AR-10 till I started ripping 00 buck. :D
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

I would stay with the Remington 1100.
  8. zant

zant Well-Known Member

My major concern with these or any mag fed shotgun-the magazines-both price and quality.Look like a lot of fun and for 400$,cheap enough.But I've got over 1k rds through my Moss 590 with no problems.I really want a JMiculek930 w/10rd extension-I'll be the terror of the skeet range.
  9. Knife Chris

Hey, to each their own. Thats why they make soo many ;)
  10. zant

zant Well-Known Member

Right on,it would be a very boring world if we all shot the same gun/caliber.Do they have drums for the MKA yet?

11. Knife Chris

Not yet, magazines is where they seem to fall behind a bit.

The factory one's are 5rd's but you can change the base plate to expand that to 6 or 7, reports vary.

They make factory 10rd mags for it $70 each I believe but good luck finding them, out of stock everywhere.

However Salem6 and firebird make kits to change a factory 5rd mag into a 10rd for only $20 (factory mags are about $30 each) so figure $50 per 10rd mag, still cheaper than the factory 10rd.

Tooth N Nail is making a mag coupler and a shell stop that attaches to the top rail. The recoil on these is soo heavy that when 2 mags are clamped together it can knock shells out of the secondary mag when firing at high rates so the shell stop is recommended.

The plus side though, unlike the Saiga who's mags have to be "rocked" in. These mags go straight in and come straight out just like an AR. The mag release is in the same spot as an AR and operates exactly the same, So running duel mags clamped together IS an option here. Also you can get a oversized mag release for about $35.

Sadly no one makes a drum for them YET, but as popularity grows and more parts come out I'm sure someone will. For now the largest (and funniest mag) is a 23 rounder that Tooth N Nail Armory came up with. The thing is 2 1/2 feet long and mean as hell but I wouldn't want one for the $175 that they are charging.

Nope, I'll stick with my duel 10rd and 2 spare 5 rounders for now....besides if I need more than 30rds of 00buck ether zombies or Koreans are on the front lawn and we have bigger problems.:D
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Seems there's a lot of them around, guns and parts. A lot of parts sold in the good ol USA.
  13. Knife Chris

Yeah, it's getting that way. It took a min for these to catch on due to the amount of plastic on them out of the box and I get that. If you just pick one up without knowing the advancements that can be made to the design and think this is the best it gets, I wouldn't be interested or impressed ether.

However following the AR's design with the ability to swap lowers, forends, stocks and grips. it makes it a very heavy contender. Time will tell if it sticks, though so far it seems they are proving themselves to be a good gun.

Something I really like about them (at the moment) is the price. Sure you can buy one converted already for $1,000+, but the base models work just fine and start at $400. So it's in everyones price range and just as like an AR build you can buy the upgrades as you can afford them later.

Something else I found out, is people are making 22 and 24 inch barrels as well as mid barrel compensators for them. Tooth N Nail is supposed be coming out with a rifled barrel for it in the future as well.