Racial Profiling?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by pinecone70, Feb 27, 2010.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

My ridiculous town is set to receive a government grant that al franken supposedly got for us, great buffoon that he is. Now the government wants to know what race and ethnicity I am, to make sure there is no discrimination against me......

The vast majority of my town is white and Irish, Catholic.

Racial Categories (check one):
    _American Indian or Alaskan Native
    _Asian
    _Black or African American
    _Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
    _White
    _Some Other Race
    _Two or More Races

Ethnic Categories (check one):
    _Hispanic or Latino
    _Not Hispanic or Latino

Ugh, it says I'm not required to fill this out and send it in, but that they will have to guess my choices based on visual observation or surname....:rolleyes:
  2. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Piney, is it serious....? :confused:
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yes, and I find it strange that the government wants to know these things in order to give the town money to fix some things.
  4. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

In my town, at Registry Office, they have a list of the inhabitants and there is written all about each one, race too. They have only to digit a question and the pc gives an answer........ That's really odd.
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

The government is trying to protect themselves from looking like they are discriminating. I don't know of any Hispanic or Latino citizens here, and there are two families that are African American. There, I completed the town profile.....
  6. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Here is a nice "melting pot"... a little NY. At job we are waitning for the last data about immigration in town, I'll write you about. The only troubles at the moment are with the muslims, who want have a mosque in the center of the town and don't want "the cross" on the school walls.
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Oh dear. I am lucky I live in an area where no one is offended by the Catholic school and all the crosses on the walls.
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I'd write in "Romulan" and send it back.
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ha! Good idea!! :D
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

More of "Big Brother is Watching YOU!!!!!" in action..... :(

I would write "homosapien" and leave it at that. :) :D

In case you are wondering, this is what the American Heritage Science dictionary says:

"The modern species of humans. Archaic forms of Homo sapiens probably evolved around 300,000 years ago or earlier in Africa, and anatomically modern fossils are known from about 100,000 years ago. All humans now living belong to the subspecies Homo sapiens sapiens. The closest living relative of Homo sapiens is the chimpanzee."
  11. wpage

wpage Active Member

Humanoid!
  12. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

I'd watch out for those Irish Catholics. They are trouble. Especially if they have red hair. Good Idea to know where they all are. :D
  13. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I was thinking, "Check 'other race', and write in 'human' ". Or, you could write NOYFB. I've put that on a form or two, in my lifetime.
  14. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ha! NOYFB....

Yep, I'm not an Irish Catholic, but they seem to have accepted me as one of their own....even though I can frequently be seen toting firearms to my car. :D

Oh, there are no names on these forms, so for the life of me I can't figure out how they will decide who has not filled one out......
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  15. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

There are numerous laws on the books apportioning tax dollars to many specific purposes. Among these are appropriations to various racial and cultural programs etc. Therefor they think they need to know, amongst other things what your race or what ever is.

So much for equal protection under the law. Our misleaders have corrupted that to.

Human, I might have to start using that. Thanks Alpo.