Radom P35 only functions with 3 rounds in magazine?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by louielouie, Mar 9, 2010.

1. louielouie

louielouie New Member

I finally got to the range on Sunday to shoot my Radom P35 9mm for the first time.

I soon found out that if I put more than 3 rounds in the magazine, the round on top would not chamber correctly. I had to stop, release magazine and retrieve partially chambered round by shaking the pistol.

I tried several times with only 3 rounds and the gun functioned flawlessly.
    If I put in the 4th or more rounds, the pistol would jam on every round over 3 and then would chamber and shoot the last 3 rounds.

Thinking out-loud it would seem to me to be a magazine problem?

What do you think?

louielouie
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Defiantly mag issue. Sounds to me that the mag follower is binding in the middle somewhere. Load up the mag, remove 3 rounds and note where the follower is. Check for binding from that point up.
  3. Claude Clay

Claude Clay New Member

since 3 & up works, i would be looking for trouble
    from 3 & down........

perhaps the magazine itself got squeezed and needs a bit of relief?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Is the magazine original? The Radom magazine is noted for its reliability but not all after-market mags are as good.

Jim
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

First 3 work in a full mag and last 3 work. The problem starts after the first 3 are removed off the top which puts the follower in a lower position than if there were only 3 in the mag. The binding is starting from the lower position and up. What needs to be checked is for binding of the follower going up. Pushing down will give a different feel and result. Either way would work but just trying to simulate the problem by hand to find the exact sticking point.
  6. Max Donovan

Max Donovan Member

Removing dents from magazines is a lot easier if you have a set of pin gauges. These are steel rods two inches long, highly polished and very hard. They come in sets like every thousand from 1/4th inch to 1/2 inch. I just push them in and around and expand the dent a thousandth at a time.
  7. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

i had a mag spread apart at the top just slightly cause this. as I filled the mag the spring tension gets greater, pointing the tip of the round up at a greater angle then what was needed. when put into th gun, the tip of the round made contact with the top face of the bore, binding it instantly.