Radom vis 35 w/extras

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BIGSKY70, Mar 7, 2007.

1. BIGSKY70

BIGSKY70 New Member

So I picked up this Radom in a trade from some fella. Gun was taken off a German officer in WWII. I did a little searching and found it to be a Grade III pistol. It has no shoulder slot or take down latch and hollow sheet pins. The gun is in excellent condition. Came with a leather holster in excellent shape on the inside says I beleive "bnz 1944" can't read the next line. Has the leather belt and came with 2 clips and original ammo taken at the time of the capture. I took this to a gunsmith and he said it had been very well taken care of and judging by the barrel rarley shot. I took it out and fired it with some new ammo just so I said that I had. The man I got it from stated his wifes father brought it home from the war and it has just sat in a closet ever since. I'm wondering what a value on this would be? It has markings with the numbers "77" under it. On the slide"FB Radom VIS mod 35.Pat.Nr.15567".then some very small markings. On the opposite side "e8272" and some other small marking after that. grips have vis on one side and fb on other. under decocker weird line and then P0829.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That airplane over the 77 is an eagle. Nazi acceptance marks.

The bnz on the holster is German ordnance code for Steyr Daimler Puch.
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Your rig is very nice, and is worth around $750.
  4. BIGSKY70

BIGSKY70 New Member

So $750 for the works? I'm considering selling it. Would I be better off selling the holster and gun seperate or together? I really want a 22-250. We have a big gun show coming up in a couple of weeks and was thinking about either selling or trading. Should my asking price be $750 and stay pretty firm. Thanks for the info guys!!!
  5. BIGSKY70

BIGSKY70 New Member

You know with the naked eye looked like a airplane but with these pics I can see it is the eagle. I can't even tell what the marks are on the slide they are tiny.
  6. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Indeed, that's correct....but that's where the holster was made, not the pistol. The pistol was made at the Polish Government Arsenal in Radom, Poland.

The holster appears to have been made for the P-38 pistol.

I agree with WW on the price.