Radom VIS 35

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Brynele, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Brynele

Brynele New Member

Have a beautiful Radom VIS 35 with 139 dated- no german marks. #31xx with pat Nr. 15567, Black plastic grips. Brought back from ww2 by my uncle and it shoots so good I can even hit things with it. Slight holster wear and some pitting in barrel. Original holster with good stiching and thread white. Place for 2 clips and cleaning rod. Clip # does not match gun. My question--have any of you Radom owners had a fault with the de-cocking lever? Mine works smothly and there is slight movement of the firing pin but it does not de-cock gun. What is the name of the faulty part if I can find a good gunsmith that will work on it, Have this quesstion on "ask the pro's" but got no response, Any help appreciated Brynele
  2. wildwilly911

wildwilly911 New Member

the lever pulls the firing pin in so the hammer cant hit it, you still have to pull the trigger to release the hammer
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

>the lever pulls the firing pin in so the hammer cant hit it, you still have to pull the trigger to release the hammer<

That ain't the way mine works. That is a hammer drop. You push the thumb lever and the hammer falls.
  4. Brynele

Brynele New Member

Appreciate all help with other opinions, for now I am confused. Any other ideas out there? My hammer doesn't fall but the fireing pin does move in very slightly but I am afraid not enough. I guess I will have to try it and see if it fires. Brynele
  5. sjb2000k

sjb2000k New Member

Push the lever down, watch the pin retracting, push down hard - the hammer drops and hits the bar.
  6. wildwilly911

wildwilly911 New Member

took one apart today that dont drop the hammer, it was modified to much and you really have to crank on the lever to get it to drop. i wasnt wore it was ground down. the owner said it was done long ago because the hammer would drop and hit the firing pin causing it to fire some time. after doing some checking the firing pins on later model ones were to long, i suppose that could be the problem with yours also. with a little work i got his work perfectly
  7. Brynele

Brynele New Member

Thanks much for the comments. When I push the lever down hard the firing pin drops out of the way of the hammer as sjb says, BUT the gun won't fire. By easing off on the lever the hammer will fall but it seems to me the firing pin extends too far and and would create an "iffy" situation that I think I am afraid of. Shoulhn't I be?
  8. sjb2000k

sjb2000k New Member

according to Robert Berger in his "The Radom Pistol" book, cavalery representative had the following criticism of the pistol after the presentation of the prototype :

" ....I have just fired several shots. my left hand is busy with the horse, I want to lower the hammer and holster the pistol but, I have only one free hand.

This was solved by adding a hammer drop lever, it first moves the firing pin forward out of the way and then trips the sear which drops the hammer safely on the firing pin retaining plate. "

BTW - could you post some shots of your Eagle ? - and maybe you could help me out with the following :

serial number stamping on the barrel lug on the Eagles (pre war Radom) -

I have seen the last three digits of the serial number stamped on the back of the lug - there is also a number stamped on the left hand side of the lug -I could not make out the digits of the number - If it is not too much - could you check if the numbers on the left side relate in any way to the serial number ?
  9. sjb2000k

sjb2000k New Member

Clip markings -

Neither Polish nor German clips had serial numbers stamped on them

- Polish clips had a military inspector acceptance stamp on the bottom plate - either letter G or D ( it supposed to be a first letter of the last name of the inspector ) and a number 2 below it in an oval. You should see this stamp on the left hand side of the trigger guard - I have seen some threads mentioning letter K but have not seen pictures.

- German clips are either not stamped or have a number 623 (code for Steyer) or 189

Attached Files:

• G2.jpg
      G2.jpg
      File size:
      64 KB
      Views:
    • 189.jpg
      189.jpg
      File size:
      17.1 KB
      Views:
  10. Brynele

Brynele New Member

I would think at after months of trying one thing after the other you all will be glad to know that I have finally got it through my head as best as possible how to release the hammer on my Radon. With the help of advice from threads out there, for which I am very thankful, I must push the decocking lever down very HARD and do not have to pull the trigger. I thank you all very much!! Brynele
  11. Brynele

Brynele New Member

I think you all will be glad to know that, with the help of some fine threads , I have finally found out how the de-cocking lever on my Radom works. The lever is pushed down HARD and the hammer falls without my pulling the trigger. I am very thankful for your help !!! Brynele
  12. sjb2000k

sjb2000k New Member

Can you tell if the clip has polish markings ? If it is a pre-war model it should have an inspector stamp - similar to the one below - it is a G over 2 in an oval -

Attached Files:

• clip.jpg
      clip.jpg
      File size:
      8.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Brynele

Brynele New Member

Mine has the letter G with a 2 under in an oval on the clip, however on the front of the trigger guard left side there is a D with a 2 inside an oval. Brynele
  14. wildwilly911

wildwilly911 New Member

later models and replacment firing pins can be a bit to long, yes you should be worried. easily repairable thou.
  15. Brynele

Brynele New Member

Wildwillie 911--- Who would you recommend to work on my Radom firing pin in case I want to go farther with this. Anyone you can suggest--or maybe yourself. Thank you for the info... Brynele