Rahm Emanuel Pushes For Statewide Gun Registry In Illinois

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by gvw3, Feb 9, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's the biggest crock of crap that's ever came out of anybodies mouth. If anybody is surprised by this, they've slept through the last three years. Bozo will be on the tube next, praising him for his attempt to lower the death rate and help responsible gun owners. Then he'll want to make chicago a national model for all of the states to follow behind.

Ooi, bozo, it ain't gonna work out for you.
    Watch for the NRA to get involved in this.
    Now there's a remark from a person who does have a clue.
  3. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Just some molre self-serving politics ! No doubt Mr. Emanual feels this legislation is a "two-fer" for his constituency. First, he gets a "warm/wet" feeling from disarming those objecting to his reign. Second, by making the names/addresses/gun data "public information" he gets a "pat on the wallet - er excuse me- back, from the criminal elements he's furnished with a "shopping list" . A real "win/win" for the anti mentality. >MW
  4. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I am glad to see things like this, even though it pisses me off. Cause it keeps folks awake and ready to respond against these Political Gangsters!
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

Once again, the power-mongering Chicago machine goes after the taxpayer. This state is so fouled up it defies description and comprehension - massive debt, worthless credit rating, and now they want to saddle the legal gun owner with another restriction.

They simply refuse to comprehend that legal FOID card holders and gun-totin' bad guys have nothing in common.

They can kiss my a$$.

If this and the other Nazi bills pass before we move, I will not comply.

The 22nd Amendment to the Illinois Constitution:

RIGHT TO ARMS
    Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

WHAT PART OF INFRINGE DON'T THESE A-HOLES UNDERSTAND?!?

infringe [ɪnˈfrɪndʒ]
    vb
    1. (tr) to violate or break (a law, an agreement, etc.)
    2. (intr; foll by on or upon) to encroach or trespass

They want to register the guns, so Rahm Emanual can run for governor after he finishes screwing up Chicago some more; and once he's governor, ( and who's the next Chicago mayor? Eric Holder?) and all the guns are registered, it'll be time to pass more laws and fines and gun-safe checks.

Fellow Illini, it is time to get the hell out of this corrupt viper's nest. My family is out of here this year, and I encourage you to do the same.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  6. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

The time has come to retaliate against these Communists. Their agenda is being rapidly pushed, before the stock market crashes and SHTF.
    One Nation under GOD with liberty and justice for all.
  7. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Hey, even criminals vote and he seems to know where his voter base is.
  8. Juker

Juker New Member

With HB1294, they're going after assault weapons and what they consider high capacity magazines - any mag over 10 rounds. The only way for a law-abiding FOID card holder to avoid jail time is to provide "proof of ownership" to the State Police, meaning registering all of one's such guns and magazines.

This bill registers all handguns.

What the Democrats are doing is trying to split the gun owner base. They're issuing watered-down 2nd Amendment statements about supporting hunting and clay shooting. Because no bad guys ever use shotguns, I reckon.

We as citizens of Illinois toe the line, get our FOID cards, abide by waiting periods, and to the best of my knowledge have, state-wide, committed no gun crimes. Millions of FOID owners, and the gubmint doesn't need to worry about us - they need to focus on those who illegally own guns here without a FOID card, and use said guns to commit crimes. Those are the bad guys. There is a difference.

Emanuel said just over half of what he called "short time-to-crime guns" recovered at Chicago crime scenes come from parts of Illinois outside the city.

"A state law requiring handgun owners to register their guns -- just like they register their cars -- will increase the safety of our residents," Emanuel said.

The bill has the backing of Chicago police Superintendent Garry McCarthy, who said it would help keep residents safe and ensure responsible gun ownership throughout the state.

Hey, y'know what? A great majority of the vermin in this state is spawned out of the Chicago ghettos. Why don't you yahoos clean up your own city, and keep 'em there? Because that would keep the rest of Illinois residents safe, and ensure responsible living throughout the state.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  9. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

I'm sure the criminals will stand in line to register their weapons.
    I hope you people fight this and win.
  10. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Revised plan. Effective immediately all FOID cards are now permanent and also serve as CCW permits and negate the need for NCIS checks.

That is what the bill should be.

Impeach U.S. Judge Sue Myerscough
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Hasn't done anything significant in Canada where firearms are registered. In fact, last I heard, they were talking about repealing it because it has cost a lot of money with no significant difference.
  12. Juker

Juker New Member

Here's a small observation on disparity.

Homosexuals were around long before the Constitution was written, yet they weren't singled out by the founders to have special rights. Millions of tax dollars were spent on non-breeder legislation here and elsewhere, and Governor Pat Quinn legalized gay marriage in Illinois last year. Yippee. Polesmokers have a legal right to be perverts.

But the founders DID single out the right to bear arms. So does the Illinois Constitution. Gun ownership is a right. And countless other writings by the founders backed up exactly what they meant, and clarified their intentions - that an armed populace is necessary for a free country.

Other than seeing my tax dollars spent on protecting the rights of perverts, I am by and large unaffected by gay marriage. They want to be gay, and do disgusting things to each other, well, have at it and enjoy the ride.

But I am most definitely affected when my government wants to make me jump through endless hoops to observe a right granted me by the Constitution. They want to ban a lot of guns here, and register the others, and create another bureaucratic cesspool of paperwork, and levy a $65 per gun fee for that registration. Then they want to send us to jail if we don't register our guns. And then if a loss or theft of a gun isn't reported within three days, they want to send us to jail for that, too.

These measures will affect crime rates and criminals by ... uh.... by, uh .... well, let's see here. Criminals don't have FOID cards, so they can't buy guns through legal channels. So they're not about to register their illegal guns. And they're getting their guns through ... uh... hold on, lemme think a minute ... wait, wait, wait, I've almost got it ... Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says gun registration will create a paper trail for all those guns that are brought into Chicago and used in crimes, and we just KNOW that all those guns came from elsewhere in Illinois ... so ... that would mean criminals are buying their guns from FOID card holders and dealers, who have receipts for the transaction, and were happy to break the law by selling a gun to someone without a FOID card. There, that's it.
  13. Jim K

Jim K New Member

One thing is sure. Obama, Holder and Emanuel are Siamese triplets. What one thinks, they all think, what one wants they all want. Not just an Illinois issue, believe me.

Jim
  14. tireman7.62x54r

tireman7.62x54r New Member

Chicago Mayor to push for state-wide handgun gegistry

Chicago Mayor Emanuel to push for state-wide handgun registry

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants lawmakers to require that all handguns in Illinois be registered with the state, or gun owners could face felony charges.

A statewide gun registry is key in helping solve Chicago crimes that involve handguns from outside the city, and would also help crack down on gun trafficking, Emanuel is expected to argue Thursday.

Under Emanuel's proposal, handgun owners would have to pay $65 for a registration certificate from the state, which would function much like the title to a car. Illinois law currently requires that gun owners and shooters have a firearm owners identification card, which works like a drivers license. But the guns themselves are not registered at the state level.

Emanuel is set to lay out his plan Thursday at a center for at-risk youth on Chicago's South Side, according to administration sources.

The handgun registration certificate would include information about the owner, the make and model of the gun, as well as where and when the firearm was bought. Registratin[sic] applicants would also need a valid firearm owners identification card ...

Read the whole story at WBEZ.

Posted Thu Feb 9 09:01:36 CST 2012

http://isra.org/
  15. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Re: Chicago Mayor to push for state-wide handgun gegistry

they got us to register our lawful weapons here too , a few years later they knew where to come looking for them

you did not hand it over , they locked you up

the criminals never registered their guns so they where not locked up or even looked for

it was always a attack on lawful gun owners , never the criminals ...

the criminals are all still armed here ( shootings here daily , never anyone caught though that would be racist )

so they attack the registered gun owners again and again in a effort to rid the place of illegal guns

which the lawful folks know nothing about

but if they raid ethnic gangs thats racist and then they return their illegal gun if found

you'll be just like here soon

registration is the forerunner of confiscations

anyone disagree with me put ya money down and speak up

i'll match anyone bet, but be warned i've cleaned up twice now with folks who say "they would never do that"

most pay up a few dont

and i hate being right about these things but when they get the UN involved ..

you know which way the winds gonna blow