Rainier bullets

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by BigZig, May 3, 2005.

1. BigZig

BigZig New Member

I am a new reloader. I just finished re-loading my first 500 rounds of 200 gr LSWC. I definitely don't like the lead ~ very dirty both in loading and in shooting ~ a lot of smoke.
    So I got a hold of fifty 200 gr Rainier TMJ SWC bullets from a buddy to reload. My question is this: If I follow the recipe from the Rainier site as far as OAL, and stay within the parameters of the powder loads for this bullet, I should be OK, right? Thanks for any help.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Since you did not state a caliber or the load data, it is hard to assume what you are trying to do. Either tell us what load you are using or go to the Rainier site and download their data. You cannot just substitute a lead for a jacketed bullet as the pressures will be higher for the jacketed.

Rainier Bullets
  3. BigZig

BigZig New Member

Sorry about that. I am using .45 cal 200 gr LSWC now with 4 gr of 700X. I want to try the .45 cal 200 gr TMJSWC from Rainer. I downloaded the parameters from Rainier last night and will stick to them. Thanks, again.
  4. MisterEd

MisterEd Member

Haven't tried the Rainer bullets but I really like the LaserCast bullets. Incredibly hard and they shoot clean. I use the 200 gr. SWC with 4 grains of Bullseye and get excellent results but I am going to start using Unique. I still want a light load but I want to start using a slightly slower burning powder. Good luck and always load safe and by the book! Sounds like you are on your way well but remember one thing when you start one loading process finish that process completely even if you plan to finish later. IE. if you are resizing 100 cases, do them all before quitting. Mistakes made in reloading are easier than you think!
  5. BigZig

BigZig New Member

Thanks for your interest, MisterEd. I will be careful. Just loaded about 400 rounds of .45 ZERO 200 gr SWC bullets with 4 gr of the 700-X. My range master swears by ZERO. I also found I could eliminate a lot of the loading mess I was getting simply by belling out the shell casing a little more. I guess I was shaving the lead from the bullet when I was seating and crimping it. There is no lead buildup anywhere inside the dies now and the rounds are coming out nice and clean. Now....to the range!