The Firearms Forum banner

Randall Knives are they REALLY worth the money?

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gun Geezer 
#1 ·
I want to buy a realy nice, collectable Bowie knife and Ive always been told Randall is the one to buy. I have found tgis knife that was made in the 1970's and I love the look and style but is it worth $850.00?

OFC

See less See more
G
#6 ·
I have carried a Randall that I designed since '63 or so. It showed up in their catalog the following year, with a sharp point, rather than the radiused caper-tip I had on my original design. I have been told it is the last one Bo made from scratch for a customer.

I paid just under $65 in '63 for that knife, which was a bunch of money, then. About two day's gross pay. I don't regret it one bit.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=16318&highlight=Randall

Pops

#8 ·
Randal knives are very nice and very collectable. I myself would never pay 850 dollars for a knife that I am going to use in any way shape or form. There are alot of custom knife makers I believe that make knives that are just as good as the Randals and for alot less money. If your looking for a collectable and something that has a name then Randal is a good way to go.

#9 ·
I have 2 Randalls & I feel they are worth every penny I paid for them. 1st one is a 6in model 3 I ordered for my Father when he hit 20years sobriety. Paid about 350 for it spec'd the way I wanted. Walnut scales with finger grips, compass in the butt, some custom engraving. 2nd is a "buxton fighter" with green model 14 handle. Paid over 500 for it but also didnt have to wait. Thats the kicker...you can still buy a Randall for under 400.00 but wait time for "your" knife is right around 5 years now. If you don't want to wait, you have to pay. They are really high quality knives. Once you own one, you will know why. Try http://www.lhgk.us/randall-knives.html Rob is a great guy & doesnt gouge on prices. Hes as much a collector as a dealer...

Chris

#10 ·
And Pops- Ill bet if you could authenticate that your Randall was indeed one of the last of Bo's knives you could be looking at close to 5k for its worth. What a story!

Chris

#11 ·
I recently sold 4 Randall knives that my brother left me when he passed. I'm not much into knives and sold them on ebay for considerably more than they originally cost. I have not yet had that happen with guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.