Randall Knives

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by TEJANO, Jan 11, 2005.

1. TEJANO

TEJANO New Member

Are Randall knives worth the money, or you just paying for the name?
  2. azsigman

azsigman New Member

When you check out the prices of many of the "custom' knives out there, Randall knives are not that expensive. Check out Strider or Reeves knives if you want to really dent your wallet.
    In my opinion, Randalls are heirloom quality knives. The prices are not that bad. The nearly 4 year wait is the turn off with Randall. You can find them on eBay but you'll pay a hefty premium to avoid the wait. But, you will not be disappointed with a Randall blade.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I own a Randall. Thought to be the last one built by Bo himself. I wrote to them in the early '60s and sent drawings and a description of what I wanted. I got the knife and it showed up in their catalog the next year, described as being designed by "an Alaskan professional." Well, I WAS in Alaska. :D

I've never been impressed enough with another custom knife to think about buying one. Not to say there are not some really great knives out there other than those built by Randall. Just that the Randall quality and fit/finish are superb. If the knife fits your hand, your use and your eye, it is the right knife for you.

Unfortunately, I don't carry it in the field anymore, since the last appraisal was $1800.00. And, that was ten years ago.

Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2005