The Firearms Forum banner

Randall Made Knife

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  cpt-t 
#1 ·
Are Randall made knifes worth what you pay for them. My opinion is they're just a collector knife. They're other knives that are just as good..

#2 ·
I have a Randall #1 that was presented to me when I was transferred from one of my Army units back in the mid 80s. I have no idea of what they paid but I happened to look at some Randall's the other day when someone here on the forum put a link up to a knife he was thinking of buying. I personally would not pay what they are asking for one of them. I have never used the one I have since it was engraved with my name, rank, and dates I was with that unit. It is in a "what-not" stand with my custom knives.

#7 ·
I've always wanted a Randall.They're way more than what I could ever afford .Course I've always dreamed of owning a Scagel too.I wonder if the newer Randall's are the same quality as the Vietnam era ones.George,I don't mean right now but maybe one day you could post a picture of yours if you have a chance one day.I sure would like to see it.

#3 ·
There was a Chief in my last unit that abused the bejebers out of an Air crewman he dove with it ate with it cut det chord pried stuff I saw him jam it between rocks and stand on it,you get the picture. It was shaving sharp all the time. Bo makes an awesome blade you get what you pay for. I relied on my EK commando and a K-bar

Reactions: dbcooper
#11 ·
That is one beauty of a knife.By far my favorite model too.When I think of a Randall,thats the knife I picture.Thanks for showing it and sharing the story.Thats a true treasure my friend!

Reactions: Broot and howlnmad
#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Swifty Morgan: There was a time in the 60`s & 70`s in Viet Nam that if you weren't`t wearing a Browning Hi-Power on one hip and a Randall Knife on the other and a Rolex Watch on your wrist. You had not been to Viet Nam. A Randall Knife was a very quite Status Symbol usually worn by someone that had Seen The Elephant. And knew a little bit about, what was going on. A Randall Knife was a top of the line coveted piece of equipment. And Bo Randall was a very highly respected Man, by Combat Soldiers. A POS Arvn Captain in Viet Nam stole mine in 1969, and I just never replaced it. And I still have very hard feeling about that, and the low life people that lived there. That we were there trying to help save their sorry country. But there were several other Knives that were highly thought of and carried with pride in Viet Nam during that War.
ken

#13 ·
Swifty Morgan: There was a time in the 60`s & 70`s in Viet Nam that if you weren't`t wearing a Browning Hi-Power on one hip and a Randall Knife on the other and a Rolex Watch on your wrist. You had not been to Viet Nam. A Randall Knife was a very quite Status Symbol usually worn by someone that had Seen The Elephant. And knew a little bit about, what was going on. A Randall Knife was a top of the line coveted piece of equipment. And Bo Randall was a very highly respected Man, by Combat Soldiers. A POS Arvn Captain in Viet Nam stole mine in 1969, and I just never replaced it. And I still have very hard feeling about that, and the low life people that lived there. That we were there trying to help save their sorry country. But there were several other Knives that were highly thought of and carried with pride in Viet Nam during that War.
ken
I had a zodiac sea wolf watch and an Imperial non magnetic knife and a worn out 1911. I was an E4 and spent my money on the lovely ladies at Saigon . They were a lot better than a Rolex.

#14 ·
Swifty Morgan: I truly must take exception, with the last part of your reply. Now just IMHO mind you, I never saw personally, or even heard of a whole a bus load of Saigon Lovely`s that even came close to the value of a good Rolex Watch. All BS aside I am very glad You made it home, safe and sound My Friend.
ken

#16 ·
Swifty Morgan: I can identify with that, I never could spell either. I guess that is why I just stayed with ((( 33 Beer ))). Also it Could just be just my ((( Red Neck Okie ))) upbringing. It is a wonder we all didn't die of some weird disease, drinking all that vile crap. While we were in Viet Nam.
ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.