Randell, Morseth and Gerber

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Charles Christensen, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

I just found this knife forum and I would like to know some things about some knives I own.

I have a Randell No. 1 and No. 5 with stag handles.
    I also have a Morseth - Model unknown but has a 4-5" skinning type blade and stag handle.
    All 3 were custom ordered by me several decades ago and have my name etched on the blades. I wonder if that cuts into the value?
    All are pretty much NIB status and I was wondering about their value today.

I, also, have a Gerber Paul knife that is quite old and still NIB with its original case. Inside the handle is stamped a number 1. I might be willing to sell this one.
  2. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

Randalls are always desirable (IMO) and personally I would love to have a Morseth skinner but have absolutely no interest in having someone else's name on my knife. Hope this doesn't offend you but for me, and others like me, ALL the premium value disappeared with the "personalization" on it.
    :(
    Now, if you could just suddenly get famous..... :rolleyes:
  3. stede

stede Member

Charles, your name etched on the blade detracts little from the collector's value IF the etching was done by the maker at your request; AND you have the invoice stating so.
    Assuming, that is, that you have Randalls rather than Randells ;)
  4. Charles Christensen

OK, so I didn't look at the blade first but they are the real thing and are about 40 years old. The name etching was done by them, no third party involved. I think I will put up a couple of pictures tomorrow.

Any opinions on the Paul Knife?
  5. Charles Christensen

Here are those pictures.

Attached Files:

6. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

Stede said, "Charles, your name etched on the blade detracts little from the collector's value..."

Ummm, as the man said when he kissed the cow, "It's all a matter of taste."