Random collections

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lead, Sep 26, 2005.

1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

How many of you collect guns from a favorite manufacturer, as opposed to just buying whatever looks good to you?
    I used to have a more focused collection. But as my tastes have changed I've been trading around and find myself now with a small collection of guns and all from different makers.
    I enjoy what I have, and can't afford to buy everything I'd like to have. So, no regrets. I was just wondering if I'm the only one.
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Lead we are in the same boat.
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Selling or trading off the various mfg's and collecting more 50's and eariler Smith's and a few Colts
  4. lead

lead Well-Known Member

22WRF, I'm looking for the same stuff. I traded for a S&W 645, that is a sweet shooter. I also got a 1930 Colt Official Police that looks, and locks up, like new. I'm afraid to shoot it much. The best thing about it, on the grip it's marked "N.J. State Police"
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  5. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Lead
    My latested buy a Police Postive Target .22 1910.
    Great shooter just can't shoot high speed in it.
  6. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I don't have enough guns to be picky. I grab whatever comes along that is affordable.
  7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I have a good mixture but I like 357's and 45's in hand guns as for long guns I have a real love for o/u combos mostly the old Savage models have a few.
    would love to have the 12 ga 30-06 that Winchester put out years ago but haven't won the lottery yet :( one day :D ;)
  8. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

Except for the 4 Remington 241's(got a real soft spot for those)and a few 10/22's,you won't find two of the same thing in my three safes.I like stuff that you don't see every day.Makes "show and tell" a lot more interesting. ;)

BW
  9. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I seem to have collected a whole bunch of firearms made by a single manufacturer.

I think his name was Joseph Stalin.
  10. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

For whatever reason, I've concentrated on "actions" versus makers. Example, I've got a 22 auto, and bolt rifle, revolver, and auto handgun, and I'm in the market for a 39A levergun. I want the levergun to go with the 44 and 45/70 leverguns I already have. The 22 boltgun matches the 308 boltgun I have. the 22 revolver matches the 44 revolver. Strangley enough, I've ended up with 4 Kimber products through this process, without really trying to accomplish that. (12ga in O/U, SxS, Pump and Autop - it just keeps growing, its a sickness. I really want one of those "new" winchester-replica levergun 12ga's next....)
  11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

She has a pretty eclectic collection.
    Of course 358 winchester helped us with it a while back. ;) :D :D

[​IMG]
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I'm a die hard glock trigger fan, but i have never bought "only one" make of gun. There are too many good brands out there to just stick to one.

mike
    gn
  13. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

I am collecting several guns... All difference calibers. But I stay with the big names... Ruger, savage, remington, S&W, Winchester, Browning, ECT... But I do have a couple of off the wall brands

Ray
  14. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I favor the early Sears/JC Higgins brand of long guns.

I have a coupla JC Higgins Mod 20 Pumps 12g, 1 Mod 36Auto Sears 12g SxS, Sears 20g SxS and several Higgins 22rf Autoloading rifles. Mods 29, 32, 36 and others I don't remember offhand.

Scratch the Mod 36, I just traded it for a big screen TV and had forgotten about it.

Lotsa other brands too, but I'm sorta drawn to them Higgins's.
  15. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

Mine is somewhat eclectic.

At one time I thought I wanted to collect one of all the small arms (not full auto) that the Vietnamese used against us in the war. Then I found out about all the French stuff they had. That collection consists of Chinese: SKS, Type 53 Nagant, Tokarov, and a MAK 90.

I also thought I was going to collect one example of every S&W revolver in .38. HA HA. I never even made it to all the model numbers, let alone variations.

I seldom pass up a Remington .22 bolt action. I don't have any children (that I know of) but I plan on passing the Remingtons on to great nephews and second cousins.

I guess the answer to your question is, yes, Remington and S&W.