1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

random questions here...

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

corpis66
    (12/15/02 7:39:00 pm)
    Reply random questions here...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was just thinking about what kind of lengths do you all push the lil .22's too. like as far as distance wise...anyone shoot further than 100 yards...do you guys shoot .22's cuz thier cheaper, just fun, or for competition, friendly game, has anyone pushed the limits on how far out a .22 can kill small game...just over-all i'd like to know what everyone likes using thier .22s for.
    i tried .22's at first (cuz thier cheap) then got hooked as compared to the big guns...can shoot 22's all day long and not go broke...i just kinna feel partial to .22's for some reason. i like to do some distance shooting, but as is i have to drive 80something miles to shoot around here. but i have a blast whether i'm shooting up coke cans, or trying to hit some squrril runnin like a bat outta hell...
    my uncle got me into .22's mostly...he used to shoot alot, but now his sight has gone perty bad...so i now have his "bad boy" its a savage bolt action with a target barrel...with the 4-12x40 scope. he doesnt own land out in the country anymore...so it is hard to find time/location to shoot anymore..
    heh...sorry about that i just 'bout babbled on...just nothing going on tonight 'round here.

...and before i forget thanks for the 'welcome.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/15/02 8:35:35 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: random questions here...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi corpis66, the answer to your question is yes/all of the above.

I shoot the 22 for fun and hunting. Over the years I have shot hundreds of coons with them.
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/15/02 9:25:59 pm)
    Reply Re: random questions here...
    Hi corpis66.....welcome to TFF.

Yep.....shootin' .22s is as much fun as shooting centerfire....and a helluva lot cheaper!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/15/02 9:44:52 pm)
    I like the 22 as well... rifle and/or pistol

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/15/02 10:14:35 pm)
    .22`s suck...............

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/16/02 1:20:48 pm)
    Re "22's suck"

BITE MEEEEEEEE !!!!

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/16/02 5:57:29 pm)
    I try to keep all shots at game within an acceptable kill range. I know the capabilities of my firearms.

as for LTS, He is just biased. He is trying to push his new .10 needle shooting rifle. Hey LTS, that thing shoot warp 10 yet?

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 1:08:36 am)
    Yup to all of your reasons. I have shot them out quite a few hundred yards but not at game. Set a can a looonnnggg way away, then take a shot at it. bring the rifle down, take a sip of whatever is the beverage of the day, chat a little to friends, then see the shot hit the dirt. Sometimes the can goes home hole-less.

outdoorsman260
    (12/22/02 5:54:38 pm)
    I shoot them because they're cheap, low recoil, and they're just plain fun.
    <a href="http://blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4">My webpage</a>