Range Carts

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Hugh357, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Hugh357

Hugh357 Member

How many use a cart when you go to the range? It seems that when I go to shoot I take a Large Midway range bag full of ammo, ear muffs, ammo, water, tools and then there is the rifles in cases, targets, target holders just to name a few. I usually end up making two trips from the car to the range. I have been to a few cowboy shoots and they use home made wood carts to go from station to station. What have you made or do you use?
  2. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Never have.. Marines just pick up their gear and move to the next firing point (or the butts). Keep the tools in the truck.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    On the rifle range everything was carried in the storage pocket of the canvas shooting stool, on the pistol range everything was carried in my pistol box. Unfortunately I made the box a little over sized which meant I got to carry the entire ammo supply for the match for the whole team. Good thing I was a gorilla.

Now that I am old and crippled it means a few trips with smaller loads in the summer. In the winter I pull everything on my toboggan in one trip.
  4. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Parking at my club is literally 5 feet away from the shooting benches, so that's not a problem. However, at the sporting clays range I go to, I saw people that had what looked like a golf club cart that was set up to hold shotguns. They were really nice and from the prices I've seen on websites priced out of my (skinflint) price range. So I looked around and got some ideas. I can't say I'll build one for sure, but they are pretty cool.