1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Range Report -.45 ACP Springfield XDm-45

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mesinge2, Jun 28, 2010.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I just bought this on Friday:
    My .45 ACP Springfield Armory XDm-45  1.jpg
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=79274

Got to shoot it today. I've got to tell ya I was always of the mind set that I would never own a tupperware gun, but was I wrong! The first thing I noticed shooting it was that is was surprisingly soft shooting, however the grip was small. I have odd bear-paw hands and I had to swap out the backstrap to the largest size at the range.

After the swap, the gun felt like my Colt Combat elite with the arched housing only thicker. I brought an assortment of Hollow Point ammo just in case it didn't like something. I WASTED MY MONEY! It shot Speer GD, Hornady XTP+P, and Corbon JHP+P just like it was FMJ ammo. And as for accuracy, well look at this target from 14 yards:

Group from XDm 1.jpg
    Group from XDm 2.jpg
    My .45 ACP Springfield Armory XDm-45  5.jpg
    Above is a CORBON JHP

I had it loaded to 13+1 and I can only see 11, maybe 12 holes. Which means that 2 to 3 rounds went through the same holes. I shot a total of 310 rounds of which 60 were hollow points and the rest were Magtech FMJ and Winchester FMJ (the light ones that look like JSWCs). After all that I was amazed at how soft shooting it was, It makes my Defender seem like a torture device.

Not a jam

I could not be happier with this gun. My only complaint is that my Colt is going to get lonely!
  2. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

mesinge2,

Congrats on your new firearm. I almost picked one up today but went with the 9mm version. Now I want to go back and get the 45 too, :).

I'm curious what made you make the jump to a "Tupperware" gun? I've been hearing a lot of the holdouts finally picking up a polymer gun (of some type), and I'm curious what made you take the jump.

Steven@LG
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Congrats, looks and sounds like you had yourself a very enjoyable day !!
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

First time out with a new pistol, awesome.
  5. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I guess I just wanted a change. The only pistols I have ever owned were either 1911s, Berettas (92, M9, 84), or CZ-75s. I was curious to see what all the fuss was about
  6. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

Nice looking pistol, I think I need one. :D